Join for free
Page 63 of 65 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 09:27 AM

Re: I am all worn out

Originally Posted by summer ->
They must be from Yorkshire Mups

Just think very soon you can get back to normality, you might miss all these men treading in mud drinking your tea messing up the loo not turning up when they should and generally making a mess as men do.....

Then again...maybe not

Lol. Luv it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 11:49 PM

Another busy day.
The two builders turned up to repair the patio at 8.a.m. and they really grafted. They barely stopped all day and managed to get the whole job done bu late afternoon. I am really pleased.

This afternoon and I went again to try and find some roller blinds I liked, then on to the opticians to collect my new specs, then a race back home again because the Gas man was coming to service my boiler at 4 o/clock!
Phew.

Tomorrow I have got the Subsidence office bod coming, not keen on him, and then the man from the blinds shop is coming to measure up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-11-2017, 02:59 PM

I can hardly believe this is still dragging on.
I am unbelievably fed up now.

My tiler started the job last Tuesday. I had asked him to decorate the hall too, so he started there.
Everything took longer than anticipated so he got behind.
Then one morning he had an appointment and didn't get here till nearly lunchtime.
Another afternoon he had to go early to do an emergency job for someone else.
This morning he told me he had to do another job but would be here for 11.30. I just got a text apologising saying he had been held up and can't come at all now till next Monday!

The tiling hasn't even been started yet, and he doesn't think he can even do it next week now either, and wants to arrange for the week after that.

I am so fed up with all this dragging on and on and never being able to get the house straight.

I just rang another tiler but he is booked solid until Christmas, so looks like not much I can do about it but wait . . .and wait . . . and wait. . . .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Oh for goodness sake!! Is this an insurance job, still, or now you paying for it?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:25 PM

Blooming 'ec Mups. It's all a joke isn't it with some of these guys. It's no wonder they get such a bad reputation.

If it were me, I'd just tell him to go and get stuffed. And then just wait until you find someone else reliable. No matter how long it takes. I'd rather wait to find someone I can trust than suffer idiots who cause so much stress.

Chin up gal x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-11-2017, 11:57 PM

It is so very frustrating now Jazzi & Pesta, so near the end and still going wrong.
If I could find someone else, I would, but people seem to have work booked till Christmas now, and I want this finished and over with long before that.

Jazzi, the insurance part has finished, other than the surveyor hasn't sent me the Certificate he promised ! So I guess Monday I will have to chase him again.
These last bits are things the insurance wouldn't cough up for, so I've had to pay for this myself.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:00 AM

How much tiling is there Mups? Do you fancy having a bash yourself? If you've not done it before, check out Youtube and study it. You might find it you could do it, even find it enjoyable.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-11-2017, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
How much tiling is there Mups? Do you fancy having a bash yourself? If you've not done it before, check out Youtube and study it. You might find it you could do it, even find it enjoyable.

Don't think I dare Pesta. These tiles are old and if the plaster comes off with them I don't know the first thing about re-plastering.
Come to think of it, I don't know how to cut tiles either.
There are two half-walls to do, the windowsill, and the wall behind my washing machine, so quite a lot.

This chap has already bought them now, and is storing them at his house for me because I didn't have a lot of room here with everything still in a muddle.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-11-2017, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't think I dare Pesta. These tiles are old and if the plaster comes off with them I don't know the first thing about re-plastering.
Come to think of it, I don't know how to cut tiles either.
There are two half-walls to do, the windowsill, and the wall behind my washing machine, so quite a lot.

This chap has already bought them now, and is storing them at his house for me because I didn't have a lot of room here with everything still in a muddle.
Oh. He has them at his house. Have you paid him for them yet?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-11-2017, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh. He has them at his house. Have you paid him for them yet?

Yes.
He text me this evening and apologised and said he is coming Monday to finish off the hallway, and has booked me in the following Monday to start the tiles.

I can't say I am not disappointed and fed up, I just hope it will be the end of it all then.

Page 63 of 65 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top