Join for free
Page 64 of 65 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:37 AM

Re: I am all worn out

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes.
He text me this evening and apologised and said he is coming Monday to finish off the hallway, and has booked me in the following Monday to start the tiles.

I can't say I am not disappointed and fed up, I just hope it will be the end of it all then.
Ok ...that sounds good if he's apologised and has confirmed when he's finishing things. I just had visions of him running off with your tiles that you'd payed for.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:42 AM

I really don't understand why these men take on more work than they can handle. I would have thought they would do better with one or two less customers who are happy and will recommend them, rather than take more and more then have every body on their back.

I know he will do a good job once he's here, so I will just have to wait. But when he does come, I shall turn the key in the lock so he can't disappear till he's finished this time.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:54 AM

I really don't understand why these men take on more work than they can handle. I would have thought they would do better with one or two less customers who are happy and will recommend them, rather than take more and more then have every body on their back.

I know he will do a good job once he's here, so I will just have to wait. But when he does come, I shall turn the key in the lock so he can't disappear till he's finished this time.
Yes.... quite agree Mups. Maybe they enjoy the stress

As long as you have faith in his work, that's a positive.
I wouldn't turn the key and lock him in.... knowing your luck, the key will break.

Just relax now for the w/end. He'll be back on Monday, so make him promise not to let you down for the following Monday. A rolling pin in your hand might help him agree
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:47 AM

the Gas man was coming to service my boiler
I thought I hadn't seen gasman today - Dirty boy.

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:55 AM

I wonder if they too get cancellations from home owners/residents, so they need to cover their bases?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I wonder if they too get cancellations from home owners/residents, so they need to cover their bases?
I would say yes but not too often. Personally I can't remember anyone cancelling work. The only time I ever cancelled was if I was ill. The key is not to promise anything you can't keep to, that way no-one is disappointed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I thought I hadn't seen gasman today - Dirty boy.

Saucy boy!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-11-2017, 10:47 AM

I would say yes but not too often. Personally I can't remember anyone cancelling work. The only time I ever cancelled was if I was ill. The key is not to promise anything you can't keep to, that way no-one is disappointed.

I wish other workmen worked by that principle too dongles.
That would be a perfect solution.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-11-2017, 01:16 PM

I wish other workmen worked by that principle too dongles.
That would be a perfect solution.
If I lived near you Mups, I could have your tiling done in time for tea & crumpets.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-11-2017, 06:12 PM

If I lived near you Mups, I could have your tiling done in time for tea & crumpets.

NOW you tell me.

Page 64 of 65 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top