Join for free
Page 52 of 62 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 08:21 PM

Re: Artangel Bistro And Wine Bar Now Open In A Town By You!!

Rest Ice Compression Elevation!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Rest Ice Compression Elevation!
UJ and you were both right! Swelled up over night so that is what i am doing today I was told to
take bandage off at night so i will see how it works today.
thanks
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 08:22 AM

Oh Twink! Make sure you elevate the hand when sitting down. Rest across your chest maybe or put on a sling so you're not tempted to use it. But maybe you should get an x ray if it doesn't improve?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Twink darlin' - do it NOW!!!. The fact that you can move your hand and wrist means that it isn't broken, but it could be badly sprained - the sooner you immobilise it with a cold compress the better - it will also help to bring out the bruising.
Indeed, time is of the essence with such an injury. Can take longer to heal otherwise.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 08:28 AM

Oh Twink! Make sure you elevate the hand when sitting down. Rest across your chest maybe or put on a sling so you're not tempted to use it. But maybe you should get an x ray if it doesn't improve?
I spoke ro a nurse this morning who says who says that, with the hand movement I have it is unlikely to be broken but rest ice and compression will really help. he also said that using a pillow may be the most comfortable way of elevating it.

it is painful but at least i feel confident that it will heal in a week.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I spoke ro a nurse this morning who says who says that, with the hand movement I have it is unlikely to be broken but rest ice and compression will really help. he also said that using a pillow may be the most comfortable way of elevating it.

it is painful but at least i feel confident that it will heal in a week.

Many, many, many years ago - for sprains and bruises our chemist used to sell us small bottles of opium and lead solution which was to be used in a cold compress. Obviously we cannot get any of that now - which is why I advised an ice cold compress with a crepe bandage. Hope your wrist heals very quickly Twink darlin'
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-09-2017, 09:38 AM

My mum swears by putting surgical spirit on a sprain. I'm not sure how it works but she is convinced it helps.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 09:42 AM

My mum swears by putting surgical spirit on a sprain. I'm not sure how it works but she is convinced it helps.

Annie darlin' - you can't even get THAT anymore. Surgical spirit is not much use for sprains - as I said earlier - opium and leadsolution. Your mum probably remembers the smell of both of those in a hospital - all hospitals at one stage used to have that very surgical, clinical smell of surgical spirit, but people were snaffling it to drink which is why it can no longer be had.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-09-2017, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Annie darlin' - you can't even get THAT anymore. Surgical spirit is not much use for sprains - as I said earlier - opium and leadsolution. Your mum probably remembers the smell of both of those in a hospital - all hospitals at one stage used to have that very surgical, clinical smell of surgical spirit, but people were snaffling it to drink which is why it can no longer be had.
Can't you? I'm sure I bought some but yes it may have been about ten years ago. I will have to buy some when I go on holiday. Seems you can buy anything in Spain.

My grandfather had all sorts of natural remedy knowledge he picked up from someone during WWI. So maybe this was one of his remedies. I must ask my mum to impart some of this knowledge while she still can so I can write it down.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 11:40 AM

Well it's your decision, but me I'd want to be sure, it could well be a hairline fracture if it's still so painful, and I'd want an x-ray to be certain.

Page 52 of 62 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top