Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 08:59 PM

How Many Fingers Do You Use?

Are you a hunt and peck typist or all 8 fingers and two thumbs.

I type fairly quick, secretary for many years.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:03 PM

Re: How Many Fingers Do You Use?

I'm a touch typist, I type very fast and was taught in college how to use Qwerty. Some people are amazed that I don't look at the keys and type as fast as I do, guess I'm good at something!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:07 PM

Ditto re touch typing. I also was taught shorthand, which is a dying art.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:13 PM

What do they use now to replace shorthand?

I did speedwriting and the dictaphone.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:24 PM

I both read and type very fast.
Use both hands.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
What do they use now to replace shorthand?

I did speedwriting and the dictaphone.
SMS language also referred to as text language.
Get one of those iphones you can speak into and it will type your message for you. Ask it a question, it will give you an answer . Amazing stuff now, and add on 'apps'. Well that's another mystery ! Personally I don't understand any of it, and neither do I wish to, but that's the future. No need for Dictaphone , speedwriting or typewriters any longer.
Remember the introduction of the electric typewriter ? They went like the clappers after those cast iron things.
Comptometers were another thing. They worked , but what a noise !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
SMS language also referred to as text language.
Get one of those iphones you can speak into and it will type your message for you. Ask it a question, it will give you an answer . Amazing stuff now, and add on 'apps'. Well that's another mystery ! Personally I don't understand any of it, and neither do I wish to, but that's the future. No need for Dictaphone , speedwriting or typewriters any longer.
Remember the introduction of the electric typewriter ? They went like the clappers after those cast iron things.
Comptometers were another thing. They worked , but what a noise !
I remember going from the old heavy typewriters where you had to really bash the keys to the electric ones and as soon as you so much as lightly touched it used to type the same letter over and over again hahaha, took some getting used to them leccy typewriters. Enjoyed the transition to the computer keyboard
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Two thumbs
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:51 PM

Two, and pretty fast. Not bad for a bloke is it?!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Two, and pretty fast. Not bad for a bloke is it?!
Not at all Floydy.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top