Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Do You Stock Up Or Buy Only What You Need?

I admit to being squirrel like in my food buying habits. I need to always make sure I have more than enough and sometimes have to put stuff away other than the kitchen as there is no more room.

Likely something to do with a poor childhood or just being a touch on the greedy side. Not sure which?

What about you?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Re: Do You Stock Up Or Buy Only What You Need?

I do try to stock up Maple, but my twins eat it all.
I can't keep up with them.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:29 PM

I keep a one in use, one spare system unless it's something like tinned tomatoes which I keep a stock of 6 tins in

I've better things to do with money then store it in the kitchen
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:36 PM

I tend to buy just what I need but always have the makings of a meal besides.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:41 PM

I stock up when the items I use are on offer.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:43 PM

I do have a cousin that lives in London, England. She claims when she moved there after marriage she found it difficult to adjust to shopping almost daily.

I think that's why kitchens here this side of the pond have so much cabinet space. We are known to stock up at sales. At the moment I have 8 cans of pork and beans and six boxes of 2 kinds of cereal. And that is just a start.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:47 PM

I have six kinds of breakfast cereal. Most likely three by Monday.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:48 PM

You wouldn't believe how many toilet rolls I have
Adanac
canada

09-03-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
You wouldn't believe how many toilet rolls I have
Are you like me....Costco

hey, you always have to make sure there is enough on hand of that, never know when there might be a shortage.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 08:53 PM

I have one `big shop` a week where I stock up on veggies, salad stuff, fruit, selected meats depending on what mood I'm in, fish and eggs. Everything except for the fruit and veg goes into the fridge to be consumed over the week or made into meals to freeze. I sometimes nip to Iceland (the store, not the country ) to get frozen onions, stir-fry veg and Slimmers World meals but I can't fit a lot into the freezer because it is full of containers of meals I've prepared earlier and frozen.

Tonight, I've had a stew I made a couple of weeks ago from the freezer. Decanted into a saucepan still frozen and then warmed up on a low heat setting.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top