Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:23 PM

Bank Accounts

I was thinking of switching my current bank account to the Halifax,who are offering £125 if you do this.Has anyone switched accounts?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:29 PM

Re: Bank Accounts

We switched our bank account over to Halifax from HSBC, but it was a few years back. It was quite a smooth, painless experience and Halifax handled it very well. Generally we are quite satisfied with the Halifax, but we only have a straightforward current account with authorised overdraft facility. They used to pay £6 a month interest to us as well, but it is now only £3. There are no charges with our type of current account. I have found the on-line banking to be very simple with Halifax as well.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:15 PM

Say if you had been a customer with a bank for 30/40 years and you told them you were thinking of switching to the Halifax because they are offering £125 to switch to them that your bank would offer anything? Might be a daft question but just wondering what people think
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:25 PM

I will be switching accounts soon....every little bit of interest helps.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:10 PM

Did mine several years ago when Santander were about to take over RBS, which never happened, got £200 though
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:28 PM

Yes. We did about three years ago, best thing we ever did.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
We switched our bank account over to Halifax from HSBC, but it was a few years back. It was quite a smooth, painless experience and Halifax handled it very well. Generally we are quite satisfied with the Halifax, but we only have a straightforward current account with authorised overdraft facility. They used to pay £6 a month interest to us as well, but it is now only £3. There are no charges with our type of current account. I have found the on-line banking to be very simple with Halifax as well.
Ditto.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Say if you had been a customer with a bank for 30/40 years and you told them you were thinking of switching to the Halifax because they are offering £125 to switch to them that your bank would offer anything? Might be a daft question but just wondering what people think
I think my bank ( lloyds ) which also owns Halifax should give me £125 for staying .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:08 AM

We switched accounts in our early years but are quite happy with the banks we have for our main accounts. However, we might need to research other banks too as they keep lowering the amount of money, which is protected in the accounts. It is now down to £75K, which is a pain. I just wish they would increase the amount you can have in premium bonds because ours are doing so much better than our savings accounts.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:14 AM

I haven't switched but I opened an additional account with Marks and Spencer's because they give you points then I get great discounts in-store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top