Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:20 PM

Phew! Mission accomplished!

You would not believe how long it has taken me to track down one new telephone - plus I have been treated as though I were the last person on the planet to still use a land line! ( I am not - am I?)

Foolishly - I dropped my phone yester morn and, although it still rings and has a dialing tone, it does not now connect with anything but white noise. This morning I set off happily - well, actually it was grumpily because it was raining - hot foot to Asda to buy a new one. They told me they only sell cell phones now. Caught a bus to the other side of town to Tesco - nothing doing there. Went into town centre - at least 35 shops selling cell phones - not a land line in sight!

Even more grumpy - not to mention soaking wet - caught a bus to PC World - they had one or two - but not what I was looking for - another bus - back to Monks Cross (where I first started) and in to Sainsbury's - they now have Argos in store - found exactly what I wanted there.

I am now the proud owner of a new Panasonic cordless telephone. As soon as I am dry - and on the other side of a plate of bangers and mash - I will start the fun game known as 'transferring numbers' from old to new phone.

Forgot - it has to charge up before I can do anything with it!

Don't know how I stand the excitement!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:43 PM

Re: Phew! Mission accomplished!

You are not on your own, I too have a landline besides mobile phone. I wouldn't feel right not having a landline after all these years.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
You are not on your own, I too have a landline besides mobile phone. I wouldn't feel right not having a landline after all these years.
I've still got a landline but I really only ave it because it would cost my dad fees to ring my mobile from is landline, also I keep in contact wit my elderly auntie in America. To be onest I loate paying te line rental and considering getting rid. A key not working on my keyboard, can you guess wic one lol
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:58 PM

On the other hand you could have ordered, paid and had delivery of a new landline phone the next day from Amazon...just saying like...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:18 PM

Oh lovely Tabby, I have two that I would have happily given you.
Yes we have a landline as well as several mobiles.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:25 PM

ST, You have had a palaver to get a landline telephone!

I got my quad pack Panasonic cordless telephones with answerphone, online from Costco last year for £44.89.

I have them in various rooms in the house but l still haven’t learned all the different features available on them!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:33 PM

I love my landline and still have one that you have to stay in one place to use, owing to the cord attached to it. I also gave a cordless one with one phone upstairs and one downstairs.
You can all laugh, but when I have a power cut the corded one is the only one that works!

My mobile seems to spend more time being charged, than used, and it is less than 2 years old. I just want a phone, not a mobile computer, and I only use it for emergency calls when I am out!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:37 PM

I still have a landline and refuse to have a cordless phone. I think the last phone cost about £15.

We get a lot of power cuts here sometimes caused by squirrel activity, mobile reception is not to be relied on and I need contact with the outside world for health reasons and get that with a telephone connected to the phone line.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:03 PM

You could have had mine, I disconnected it last year after answering nothing but cold calls one day

Haven't missed it at all
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:06 PM

Don't forget to read the instruction book thoroughly ST. That should take you up to Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top