Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 02:46 PM

Re: Just a little irritating??

Until you've sat with a Russian drinking his home-brewed bath-tub vodka, you haven't drunk anything!!! - this stuff was so strong, that some of the pilots in far north of Siberia used to add it to the fuel tank of their jet 'planes. They said it stopped the fuel from freezing. Having tasted it, I can quite believe them - Rocket fuelled!!!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Add Absinthe and Aquavit to that Cookiecat.
Surprising too how many, "Aquavit" and "Whisky" being just two, translate as "Water of Life".
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 04:35 PM

And usquebaugh ........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
And usquebaugh ........
Is that the same stuff I'm thinking about Eileen-Uisce Beatha, the old Irish name for whiskey?, had plenty of that in me Day, Jamesons, Powers, and Paddy.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

25-04-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
And usquebaugh ........
Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Is that the same stuff I'm thinking about Eileen-Uisce Beatha, the old Irish name for whiskey?, had plenty of that in me Day, Jamesons, Powers, and Paddy.

Try copying the word jemflux and putting it into google .... Like this ...........

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=usquebaugh

If you LEFT CLICK the mouse and drag it over a word it highlights the colour to blue , you can then RIGHT CLICK the word and COPY it .

Hope that helps x x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Thank you kind Lady.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Here you go:

n. Irish & Scots
Whiskey.
[Scottish Gaelic uisge beatha and Irish Gaelic uisce beatha, water of life, whiskey (translation of Medieval Latin aqua vtae) : Old Irish uisce, water; see wed-1 in Indo-European roots + Old Irish bethad, genitive of bethu, life; see gwei- in Indo-European roots.]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-04-2011, 08:40 PM

Thank you Eileen, you certainly know your stuff. Now I could really start a row and ask you which is the best, Scotch whisky or Irish whiskey, but I won't
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

25-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Thank you Eileen, you certainly know your stuff. Now I could really start a row and ask you which is the best, Scotch whisky or Irish whiskey, but I won't
LOL, I may know a lot about it, but don't care for brown spirits at all... strictly a gin or vodka drinker. My Dad would have said Bourbon, then Scotch ..... I don't recall ever having Irish whiskey in the house.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

25-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Thank you kind Lady.

You`re very welcome jemflux .... x x x

Scotch is best by the way .........

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top