Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:41 PM

Pharmacy warning

Not sure if this should be in Health or not?

Just a warning - today when I visited my pharmacy, they had a pile of notices on the counter warning about people called:

"Pharmacy2u."

I'll copy what it says.

Have you been approached by Pharmacy2u?

Pharmacy2u is not your local community pharmacy and has nothing to do with us, and is not linked to your GP.

Pharmacy2u is a distance selling (internet only) pharmacy based on an industrial estate in Leeds.

In October 2015, Pharmacy2u was fined by the information commissioner's office for ILLEGALLY SELLING PATIENT DETAILS to third parties which was found to be used by companies to deliberately target elderly and vulnerable patients.

In February 2017, the care quality commission inspected pharmacy2u and found it was "NOT SAFE, EFFECTIVE, OR WELL LED."

Over Christmas 2015, Pharmacy2u failed to send out prescriptions for THREE WEEKS, leaving thousands of patients stranded without their medication.
Unquote:

So why are people like this still allowed to stay in business?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:48 PM

Re: Pharmacy warning

I had a thing from them this week, went straight into my recycle bin fortunately!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I had a thing from them this week, went straight into my recycle bin fortunately!
I've had their leaflets come through the post and they went straight into the Recycling box...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:51 PM

Sounds like you ladies did the right thing then.

Why should toe-rags like that make money out of our details!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:04 AM

Never heard of them. But thanks for the warning.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 01:03 AM

So why are people like this still allowed to stay in business?
It's all the fault of the EU, they are to blame for everything!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 05:16 AM

Mups, that has me really worried now - as my GP signed me up with them over a year ago when my thyroid has packed in - I am now on thyroxine tablets daily. It works like this:-

They send me a reminder email - usually the week before I am due to run out.
I confirm my order of thyroxine.
They contact my GP to confirm prescription order/dosage etc.
Medicine arrives through the post a couple of days later.

They have never let me down with delivery and I have never been contacted by any unwanted mail.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 05:38 AM

I expect local pharmacies will feel threatened by the service which if it's running smoothly sounds very good and I suspect there are incentives for the doctors to use it.

I prefer to use my local chemist in fact where I can I use local shops for everything...we will miss them if we lose them and we will lose them if we use remote services like this which is a shame.

I hope the inefficiencies in this particular company mean doctors will think twice about signing us up.....but it all comes down to cash and there is bound to be financial kick backs for doctors.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 06:28 AM

I have used them once a few months ago to buy ventolin inhalors with a private prescription.
Ive not had any problems I know of as yet.
I did get another call yesterday from one of these " Im just ringing about the accident you have had" merchants though.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 06:42 AM

My GP will authorize prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice, I use the local Boots Pharmacy and it works quite well but...... since I have used this system I have been inundated by E mails & leaflets through the post from Boots.
When your details are given to a company, you will always find that you get more marketing offers via address, e mail, phone & they get money for giving your details to marketing lists.

I have now reached a point where I ask if my details will be given to anyone else, before telling them things like my phone number or e mail....but it is still too late because so many of these lists were created long before we were aware of the problems it would cause.

Mups, I am glad this company have been prosecuted for giving peoples info without permission..... but once your info is out there it is too late!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top