Join for free
Page 52 of 79 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Re: What do you remember???

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
My Dad had a LADA, and he was driving it a t 93, we had to keep getting him side morrors as he kept taking them off on the gate posts, he could only see out of one eye and followed the white line into town, it was a nightmare driving with him Joe.
I had a similar experience Annie darlin' - my father had a Hillman Imp car and gave me a lift into town. Trouble was he suffered from Macular degeneration of his sight and nearly wiped both of out when a lorry full of scaffolding poles emerged from a side road. He couldn't see it till right at the last moment.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 12:23 PM

About 20 years ago my exhusband came back from abroad not knowing that the Lada was not THE car. He bought a pastel blue one which turned out to have had the body work repaired with paper mache. He would go and pick our son up from school in it and Daniel would refuse to acknowledge him until they were nearly home and away from his mates. Years later my son tells his own daughter the story of the Lada.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Some years ago the Russians hosted an international car rally from Moscow to Vladivostock. Apparently the Lada was only car to complete the course across Siberia in mid-winter.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 03:17 PM

My Aunt and Uncle had a riding stable and collected old coaches and carriages. On Sundays they used to take one of the coaches out for a run.

When I was about 4 years old I rode on top of the coach in a green coat. It rained hard and all the dye came out of the coat and I had a green body for days .
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 04:13 PM

So thats what being Green is .... I often wondered.
bumpthump
New Member!
Glasgow
bumpthump is male 

25-08-2011, 08:44 PM

Spanish Gold Sweetie Tobacco. Came in a red waxed wrapper featuring a galleon.
Joan
Queensland Australia
Joan is female  Joan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 11:31 PM

Pointed bras - summat like what Madonna wears in an S&M mode, but made of cotton not leather.

I put mine on, and a Marks & Sparks sheer jumper on top. Dad took one look and fell about laughing, saying summat about chapel hat pegs.
I got Mum's sewing machine out, took off the bra and made the ends rounded instead of pointed, but most girls were quite happy with the chapel hat peg look.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 11:30 AM

I had the chapel hat peg look when I got my first job. I bought a jumper with a pretty leaf motif.. My boss ogled me and said something about it being autumn and the leaves were looking lovely. I of course had no idea what he was on about. Then another older bloke said as I passed that I had a couple of good points but he couldn't put his finger on them.

I went home and told mum and we went out and bought a playtex lift and separate bra which was even worse because as a bigger girl I bounced and all the older men at work would send me on errands and then stand at the top of the stairs and watch me bounce back up.

In those days who knew about sexual harrassment? I certainly hadn't a clue..............doh
bumpthump
New Member!
Glasgow
bumpthump is male 

26-08-2011, 11:59 AM

.....and to be honest, nor did the men. The same stuff is there in every Carry On film of the period. I guess it was accepted practice back in those days.
Joan
Queensland Australia
Joan is female  Joan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 01:24 PM

We dealt with it ourselves, I suppose, sexual harassment I mean. We would make sure no lass was alone with the randy boss, and just laugh at men 'trying it on'. I never felt threatened by any man, but I was probably just lucky - and a bit dim. I never really noticed much of what was going on, and didn't always understand the jokes. For example, I thought 'oral sex' meant talking dirty.

Page 52 of 79 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top