Join for free
Page 714 of 737 « First < 214 614 664 704 712 713 714 715 716 724 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 08:40 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

JBR - that's a lot for internet isn't it? I'm £12 a month with BT (to be fair it was a Black Friday Sale deal at the time), but the highest I ever paid over the years was £26.

£40+ a month
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
JBR - that's a lot for internet isn't it? I'm £12 a month with BT (to be fair it was a Black Friday Sale deal at the time), but the highest I ever paid over the years was £26.

£40+ a month
Yes it certainly is.

Going by my MiL's experiences, I see no reason why we should need high speed fibre at that price for our television and computers.

The only other thing is our three security cameras, but I was advised that they will work with a low speed internet connection with a reduced quality of image, but I can live with that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 11:28 AM

Our Talk Talk is around £33 a month and is high speed fibre. It is great unless it goes wrong then you have to fly to India to sort it out...

Seriously though, it is good when it's working.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Our Talk Talk is around £33 a month and is high speed fibre. It is great unless it goes wrong then you have to fly to India to sort it out...

Seriously though, it is good when it's working.
Well, it would be ideal if there were more than one fibre supplier in our area (or in every area), so that there would be real competition.

Perhaps that might happen nationwide at some time in the future.

Another pipedream would be for 5G mobile services nationwide, as that would be at least a similar high speed as fibre, and no need for cables either.

Yet another possibility could be satellite internet.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 12:15 PM

Bloody roadworks and heaving traffic.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 10:23 AM

Ford's new TV ad for their electric Mustang. Why are they saying that Britain is like a 1970's black ghetto with swaggering pimps with gold teeth?

White people are not available.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-05-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ford's new TV ad for their electric Mustang. Why are they saying that Britain is like a 1970's black ghetto with swaggering pimps with gold teeth?

White people are not available.
True.
Adverts these days always include people of various shades of brown and black out of all proportion to the actual numbers living in this country.
It's not only Coronation Street.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
True.
Adverts these days always include people of various shades of brown and black out of all proportion to the actual numbers living in this country.
I find this annoying too...and the gay couples in adverts as well. Online as well as TV. I know we are being trained into thinking all this is perfectly normal and we mustn't object, but I'm quite sure there are other minorities living in this country who would like to be represented. And disabled people...I'm quite sure someone who has mobility difficulties would still like to clean their house with the "new, best ever, reinvented formula" Cleaner thingy. Or elderly (sorry, I'm off on a rant now) do they seriously think that all older people think about is death and life insurance and getting a good funeral deal? No they jolly well don't!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I find this annoying too...and the gay couples in adverts as well. Online as well as TV. I know we are being trained into thinking all this is perfectly normal and we mustn't object, but I'm quite sure there are other minorities living in this country who would like to be represented. And disabled people...I'm quite sure someone who has mobility difficulties would still like to clean their house with the "new, best ever, reinvented formula" Cleaner thingy. Or elderly (sorry, I'm off on a rant now) do they seriously think that all older people think about is death and life insurance and getting a good funeral deal? No they jolly well don't!
Good rant!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
True.
Where i never really saw colour with black people i now do. They keep putting mixed race couples in adverts and TV programmes , 2 white people eith a black baby,. I've not seen 2 blacks with a white baby come to think of it.

I see colour all the time now and it really gets on my nerves, for me all this crap has done nothingvfor race relations except cause a divide where probablybthere wasn't one in the first place

Page 714 of 737 « First < 214 614 664 704 712 713 714 715 716 724 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top