Join for free
Page 723 of 737 « First < 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 > Last »
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

04-06-2021, 07:59 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Land mines..very effective I've been told.
No doubt Vlad, but they make bigger holes in the flower beds than the cat does and I think the neighbours might complain about the noise and bits of cat flying around.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Aww! I hate that....... It's like knowing the score of a football match just before you get comfy with your mug of tea and packet of McVities homewheat ready to enjoy the match....
They do that on Eurosport. I once sat down to watch a tennis match and they gave the result two minutes before it started.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 09:36 AM

Oti Mabusi

Is there anything she doesn't appear on?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Who's looking at their teeth?

First chuckle of the day..thanks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 06:53 PM

Adverts on the telly with American adverts.
An example I heard today:

"Yer noo favrite spat".

Translated into English:

"Your new favourite spot".

I suppose they do it in an attempt to appeal to young snowflakes who, presumably, think it's trendy to speak with an American accent!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Things that annoy you?

Just settle down for a short nap on a warm afternoon, and...

one of the bloody neighbours: BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG...
I tried sitting out in my garden this morning but all I heard was loud music, the house holder shouting (female) and the dogs barking. All that noise from one house. And that’s without the lawn mower, or whatever they used.

Me and the dog are indoors for now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:00 AM

Does anyone know when all this flamin' football ends please?

It's taken over some many programmes, and not everyone even likes football! It's not even just the matches, it's the hours of waffling about it before and after a match, too.

We've gone sport's raving mad all of a sudden.
Yesterday there was football on telly, plus tennis, plus racing, then more football!

Sport from 1.20 pm yesterday, right through to10.20 pm.
How do they get away with it?
If they saturated us with any other programme for 9 hour stretches like that - every day - they'd be swamped with complaints.

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

It's taken over some many programmes, and not everyone even likes football! It's not even just the matches, it's the hours of waffling about it before and after a match, too.

Yesterday there was football on telly, plus tennis, plus racing, then more football!

If they saturated us with any other programme for 9 hour stretches like that - every day - they'd be swamped with complaints.

Simple. I don't like any of it and I don't watch any of it. Job done.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I surely can't be the only person in this country who completely avoids football, be it in the papers or on the telly.

They do it, obviously, because the idiots who do like football happily pay their money to the media.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I surely can't be the only person in this country who completely avoids football, be it in the papers or on the telly.

They do it, obviously, because the idiots who do like football happily pay their money to the media.
You are indeed not the only person in the country who completely avoids football.

I can understand how it can be fun shifting a ball around a field with the aim of getting it into an unreachable part, using hands, feet, sticks etc. But, for the life of me I cannot understand why it's useful or enjoyable watching others do it and paying them (large) sums of money to do so. In effect, people pay to watch other people waste their time.

Page 723 of 737 « First < 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top