Join for free
Page 13 of 43 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:17 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Jesus?
I read a book by Bamber Gascoigne - you may recall him from University Challenge. The book was "The Christians" and it had a chapter about the existence of Jesus of Nazareth. The evidence presented would indicate that he did. Whether he had supernatural powers is another matter.

It may also be worth noting that none of the NT writings are contemporaneous with his life having been written decades or more after his death.
Having been to the Holy Land sites in Israel, there is no doubt of the events in the Gospels. There is no doubt of the existence of Jesus.

The energy in some of these places is mind-blowing. Galilee is a very holy place. The Mount of Beatitudes in particular. It's a bit like Mount Nebo. As for Jerusalem, I have never been to a city that is so buzzing with good feeling. Despite all the differences, despite the supposed tensions, it has a really great feel to it. I am not Jewish but there was an awesome atmosphere by the Temple wall.

Religion is not about whether God exists, but about the spiritual message, the principles, the structure for a life that is not chaotic.

People focus too much on trying to find and define God. It's a bit like Dorothy looking for happiness elsewhere when "there's no place like home". God is indefinable. We cannot comprehend such power. I never understand why people keep trying to pin down that which cannot be seen, touched, felt. It's a human trait to do this.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep. Buddhism in particular follows our joint belief that "God" or the universal life energy is in everything around us. Possibly it's Pantheism.
I'm Christian but Pantheism is probably the most compatible with my beliefs. That we are all part of the same greater power. That we are creation in motion. The "seven days" has not ended IMO.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-11-2018, 08:22 PM

How could I believe that given that I have no belief that any god exists?
You don't have to believe. At the end of the day we are just human. What we believe doesn't change whatever is out there. We have little influence other than over the fate of this beleaguered planet.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:25 PM

Now I need to look up Pantheism.
You have a great way of explaining things
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Having been to the Holy Land sites in Israel, there is no doubt of the events in the Gospels. There is no doubt of the existence of Jesus.

The energy in some of these places is mind-blowing.
Didn't do it for me.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:42 PM

I'm Christian but Pantheism is probably the most compatible with my beliefs. That we are all part of the same greater power. That we are creation in motion. The "seven days" has not ended IMO.
(one of my own Annie)...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-11-2018, 08:43 PM

Didn't do it for me.
You've been to Israel? I'd love if you shared your experience.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:45 PM

The energy in some of these places is mind-blowing. Galilee is a very holy place. The Mount of Beatitudes in particular. It's a bit like Mount Nebo. As for Jerusalem, I have never been to a city that is so buzzing with good feeling. Despite all the differences, despite the supposed tensions, it has a really great feel to it. I am not Jewish but there was an awesome atmosphere by the Temple wall.

Religion is not about whether God exists, but about the spiritual message, the principles, the structure for a life that is not chaotic.

People focus too much on trying to find and define God. It's a bit like Dorothy looking for happiness elsewhere when "there's no place like home". God is indefinable. We cannot comprehend such power. I never understand why people keep trying to pin down that which cannot be seen, touched, felt. It's a human trait to do this.
Oh what a post Annie......I have a friend who also just got back from The Holy Land.........I can only imagine how it would be. I would give my "eye teeth" to go there. I think it would be "the trip of a lifetime"........the "feelings" would be everywhere.....thanks for posting this Annie.....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:49 PM

So who has the "correct" interpretation?
How long did creation of everything actually take?
Hard to say how many people understand the true meanings. Quite likely there are many, like myself, who understand some of the allegorical secrets encoded within but not all of it. It's a large work and contains lots of things.

I've concentrated initially on Genesis which I now see is talking clearly about the processes for creating the Philosopher's Stone. In addition, there are many words actually encoded in the text via letter spacing (known as ELS)

For example take this sentence:

So came the scepter to the great hall

Using a letter spacing of 5 (i.e. starting at the first letter and then taking every 5th letter from that point) it can be seen that the word SECRET is encoded within

The book of Genesis is long and contains 1000s of letters, however using a computer programme that can search for words hidden precisely in this way you can find some remarkable things. And before anyone chimes in saying that you can find hidden words in any work let me clarify. Yes you can find such words hidden in any work, BUT . . . you CAN NOT via pure random happenstance find an entire collection of hidden words of say 10 or more that ALL relate to the same subject.

For example if you searched the book Moby Dick, you might well find the word ROSE encoded within using a certain letter spacing, but you would certainly not also find 9 other words that were all flowers.

In Genesis however I have found 10 to 20 words so encoded which ALL relate to the same subject, in fact they are all key terms used in a separate work written by Basilius Valentinus called The Twelve Keys which is one of 1000s of works about the Philosopher's Stone.

The chances of those 10-20 key terms appearing by random chance are trillions to 1.

The Bible is NOT what people think it is. It is a guide for those with eyes to see and ears to hear. It is 100% NOT supposed to be taken literally and thus we must discard completely all of the social conditioning we have previously received via Sunday Schools, Churches and so on.
We have to learn how to read its secrets and thereby get to the truth. The Philosopher's Stone is just a part of that truth.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-11-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh what a post Annie......I have a friend who also just got back from The Holy Land.........I can only imagine how it would be. I would give my "eye teeth" to go there. I think it would be "the trip of a lifetime"........the "feelings" would be everywhere.....thanks for posting this Annie.....
It is the trip of a lifetime Blue. You have to visit Jordan too. I had never thought of going to Israel until I was standing on Mount Nebo in Jordan back in 2008. Ten years on I finally fulfilled my ambition. You should try to make it happen. I felt so alive there.

Page 13 of 43 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top