Join for free
Page 4 of 43 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If you are the alpha and the omega then you don't have parents. Only humans have parents.

Most people have a misconception of God. God is the life force, not a human on our level. It is an interpretation of the energy of creation, the power of the universe, the laws of nature, cutting through the crap of wishy washy imaginary beings. Unfathomable and incomprehensible to us. What has misled everyone is the bit in Genesis that says we are made in God's image.

Humans do not deal well with the intangible. You cannot dialogue directly with God (per the definition above), we are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
I totally agree with this too...I certainly have faith in a spiritual energy being all around us.
I have no "fear" of death as to me its all just part of nature and we pass to the next stage of our journey so death is just another beginning to me.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It always amazes me why some non believers feel the need to ridicule a believer.
If it helps those people get through life and it brings them comfort then I see no problem with that.
That's not the issue really Lion Queen. The problem is people are dying and religion is distracting them from the cure. It is socially conditioning them to stay in moronic stupor all their life until their inevitable death.

If you saw a woman with a very sick child waving a sprig of heather over her you would surely question her beliefs wouldn't you? You'd say "why aren't you taking your child to the doctor?". But if the lady said "I don't believe in your doctors, I believe in the power of the heather" would you be happy for her and walk away?!

Religion is NOT just a hobby or free pastime. It is a purposeful distraction from the truth which is going to result in people dying. So yes, I will very happily ridicule anyone's beliefs in that area because their life is at stake as is their children's. Religion needs to be wiped away once and for all. It is all nothing but human systems of behavioural control.

The Bible warns us to seek the true life force, the Philosopher's Stone and Jesus says that without it, there is no life in us.

The truth needs to be told.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:49 AM

I would ask him.......

Why did he give me the body of a Ferrari and then put a Fiat 500 engine in? Thanks a bunch GOD......
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That's not the issue really Lion Queen. The problem is people are dying and religion is distracting them from the cure. It is socially conditioning them to stay in moronic stupor all their life until their inevitable death.

If you saw a woman with a very sick child waving a sprig of heather over her you would surely question her beliefs wouldn't you? You'd say "why aren't you taking your child to the doctor?". But if the lady said "I don't believe in your doctors, I believe in the power of the heather" would you be happy for her and walk away?!

Religion is NOT just a hobby or free pastime. It is a purposeful distraction from the truth which is going to result in people dying. So yes, I will very happily ridicule anyone's beliefs in that area because their life is at stake as is their children's. Religion needs to be wiped away once and for all. It is all nothing but human systems of behavioural control.

The Bible warns us to seek the true life force, the Philosopher's Stone and Jesus says that without it, there is no life in us.

The truth needs to be told.
but why does that bother you what someone else chooses to believe. You can't control what people think as much as you'd like to
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:53 AM

Oh, and GOD? Why did you make some people Black and some people White? Do you know how much trouble it's caused?....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh, and GOD? Why did you make some people Black and some people White? Do you know how much trouble it's caused?....
for sure
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:16 AM

Do you ever regret making humans ? are we a huge disappointment to you ?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
but why does that bother you what someone else chooses to believe. You can't control what people think as much as you'd like to
1. Because that person is caught in the social conditioning of religion and is going to die. If we don't care about each other then what point is there in us all living?

2. When a group of people perpetuate such a false belief it can gain traction which puts the rest of society at risk. It DOES impact all. Look at how widespread Christianity now is and how much of the UK is affected by it. The notion that you can just believe what you want in the comfort of your own home is a total nonsense. These beliefs establish themselves in society and affect everything around them, people, councils, laws, buildings, landscape and so on.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
1. Because that person is caught in the social conditioning of religion and is going to die. If we don't care about each other then what point is there in us all living?

2. When a group of people perpetuate such a false belief it can gain traction which puts the rest of society at risk. It DOES impact all. Look at how widespread Christianity now is and how much of the UK is affected by it. The notion that you can just believe what you want in the comfort of your own home is a total nonsense. These beliefs establish themselves in society and affect everything around them, people, councils, laws, buildings, landscape and so on.
News flash .... we are all going to die, not believing won't save you any more than believing will.

I do hope my beliefs do affect society we'd all be so much more peaceful and love each other.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:40 AM

I suppose I would have to bring up the old omnipotent God vs the rock conundrum. Can he create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?

Page 4 of 43 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top