Join for free
Page 41 of 43 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 12:40 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Hey Mr Fox, next time you're in church tell him there's no point doing the old burning bush trick again. I've got firefighting equipment standing by for those kinds of occasions.
Also, as far as tablets are concerned, I usually see the doctor for my prescriptions. No need for any imaginary friends supplying those.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Dear God, why does absolutely nothing that concerns you make any sense?

If you created the universe out of nothing and by the power of your pure will, then why did you need to flood the Earth to destroy every living thing on it? Surely you could have clicked your ethereal fingers and all living things of your will would have instantly dropped dead?!

Equally why did you task Adam with the huge, long and painstaking task of building a wooden Ark? Again surely you could have just clicked your fingers and made one appear?

If you wanted mankind to live and abide by an important set of commandments then why did you get Moses to hobble around with a couple of etched slabs of stone? Surely you could have used lightning bolts to etch giant letters into the side of a mountain for all to see. The words would have been visible for miles and would have lasted for millennia. A couple of stone slabs seems a pretty foolhardy choice TBH as they were destined to become damaged and lost.

Whilst we're on the subject of your creative and/or destructive omnipotence, why did you part the Red Sea for Moses and wait for all his people to struggle across it before letting it fall back to kill all the Egyptians? Surely you could have just clicked your fingers and they would have all simply dropped dead without all this fuss and grandstanding?!

Why did your "people" have to endure a long trek across the desert with scant food and water when you could have instantly teleported them to their destination, their chosen land in an instant?

If I am your creation then it is you that has created this ability for me to think and reason in this way. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that in fact your are not omnipotent at all. You can only work with the tools you have, hence the great flood rather than spontaneous death of all living things.

You are in fact fallible, limited, more powerful than man certainly, but not powerful enough to create the universe. In fact you appear to not even be above Nature as you seem always forced to utilise Nature's natural traits and abilities, just as we do.

I put it to you that you are simply an entity, one who has displayed incredible amounts of anger, retribution, violence, revenge, jealousy and an eagerness for destruction.

You have since come to realise that mankind will not willingly follow such an entity and now wish people to look on you as benevolent, all-caring, all-loving, yet we live in a world that is still full of destruction, still full of abhorrent atrocities, where babies and children are smitten with incurable diseases, where people are murdered and persecuted daily and where most of society is enslaved in a capitalist system run by a tiny minority of mega-powerful humans.

These things are not consistent with an all-powerful all-loving God.

In conclusion then I must concede that this "God" idea is nothing but a human construct designed to underpin a religion as a system of behavioural control.

That sadly leaves YOU on the side line.

I'm actually guessing that YOU, being just an entity, albeit more powerful than man, would prefer that we all knew the truth, that you in fact can't do everything. You can't be in all places at the same time. You don't have the power to stop these terrible things. But perhaps in truth you would like men and women to help and support you in the cause because you can't do it alone.

Unfortunately mainstream religion has created an obstacle there because its proponents are forced to believe in this mythical all-powerful entity. You can't be that entity and thus you are in fact rejected by all those people. In their spellbound stupor they can only conceive of this mythical super being yet they are blind to all the horrors happening around them every day which essentially prove that their "God" is a myth.

You have my sympathy. You, like mankind, simply want to achieve your own ends and are prepared to use violent force to get there. Mankind however has been expanding for 100s of years and is now all over the face of the Earth. Mankind can no longer be controlled. It's a numbers game. There are just too many of us now compared to the old days. You are powerless to help everyone, to protect everyone every minute of the day.

My advice is to reveal your true self to the world, dispel the illusion of this mythical God person that mankind has been brainwashed to believe in and help us find our way forward.
You will get a lot of support this way. People will then understand why the Bible makes no sense whatsoever and why the concept of their God doesn't stack up against reality.

You can teach us the real secrets that you have. The secret to longevity (if not immortality) and how to heal ourselves.

Ah but then you'd have to share this earth with billions of humans who have the truth. Possibly you don't want that.

Still, give it some thought if you would. We'd prefer not to have to keep dying.

Cheers
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 05:12 PM

Well that told him then
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Well that told him then
Aye,a good talking to from Realist is just what God needed...erm..I thought He didn't believe in God
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye,a good talking to from Realist is just what God needed...erm..I thought He didn't believe in God
But verbose on the subject.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Equally why did you task Adam with the huge, long and painstaking task of building a wooden Ark?
Adam built one of those too???
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Adam built one of those too???

Russel Crowe also build and ark
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

23-11-2018, 01:50 PM

And also Ken Ham.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:55 PM

Also Steve Carell build one .. I would love to ask God how many Ark's
were made
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 02:18 PM

Dear God, why the HELL did you give us apostrophes when no one has a clue what to do with them!

Page 41 of 43 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top