Join for free
Page 5 of 43 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:45 AM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh, and GOD? Why did you make some people Black and some people White? Do you know how much trouble it's caused?....
It has only caused problems because some sick white cretins thought they are superior, which of course they aren't,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It has only caused problems because some sick white cretins thought they are superior, which of course they aren't,
That's a racist comment if ever I heard one.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
God IS there, in the form of the universal life energy.
You state that as certainty with not an iota of testable evidence, far less proof.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
News flash .... we are all going to die, not believing won't save you any more than believing will.
Bigger news flash . . . . you're caught in the Matrix, believing exactly what they want you to believe. Actually you don't have to die, no-one does. It's up to you.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I think perhaps some believers fear death and they need to believe that there is something at the end of life. It always amazes me why some non believers feel the need to ridicule a believer.
If it helps those people get through life and it brings them comfort then I see no problem with that.
Oh Lion, you are saying it like it is. My religion gives me such comfort. Maybe I am wrong in what I believe but it makes me "smile", "encouraged", "comforted", "looking forward to SOMETHING".

I am not the kind of person who would be satisfied with "is this all there is to it??"
I grab on to something to believe in and I feel happy inside.

I would rather "believe" and be wrong, than to NOT believe and be wrong.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose I would have to bring up the old omnipotent God vs the rock conundrum. Can he create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?
Metallica for example?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:58 AM

Bigger news flash . . . . you're caught in the Matrix, believing exactly what they want you to believe. Actually you don't have to die, no-one does. It's up to you.
Thank you, David Icke.
Of course we are all going to die at some stage. Even you can't control that, Realist. And I thought you were sensible and wise
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Only one? That's a bit daunting. I think it would have to be - why does he/she allow so much cruelty to animals and inhumanity to our own kind to prevail throughout the world.
God doesn't intervene or allow something to happen...

Men and women have destroyed the world........not God.

He gave us free will.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Metallica for example?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:00 PM

That's not the issue really Lion Queen. The problem is people are dying and religion is distracting them from the cure. It is socially conditioning them to stay in moronic stupor all their life until their inevitable death.

If you saw a woman with a very sick child waving a sprig of heather over her you would surely question her beliefs wouldn't you? You'd say "why aren't you taking your child to the doctor?". But if the lady said "I don't believe in your doctors, I believe in the power of the heather" would you be happy for her and walk away?!

Religion is NOT just a hobby or free pastime. It is a purposeful distraction from the truth which is going to result in people dying. So yes, I will very happily ridicule anyone's beliefs in that area because their life is at stake as is their children's. Religion needs to be wiped away once and for all. It is all nothing but human systems of behavioural control.

The Bible warns us to seek the true life force, the Philosopher's Stone and Jesus says that without it, there is no life in us.

The truth needs to be told.
Sorry, but haven't we been here before?
I see your belief and unflagging search using alchemy (early science) for the Philosopher's Stone as pretty much on a par with a belief in a Higher Force .... call that Force an entity , such as God or Allah .. or call it an intangible 'essence'.
Same thing. It gives you a set of guidelines. You're trying to attain something greater than yourself... become something more than yourself through your belief.

I've always got hung up on ... we're made in God's image'.
Taken literally that implies we either look like him physically in it's most mundane sense, or we too have the potential of the Creator within us. Eventually. Look at Da Vinci or other great inventors who pepper history and we have our own superior beings.

Most trouble seems to arise when mortals try to attribute human emotions/failings to a God. Possibly he is as flawed as we are? but was nevertheless pretty good in his laboratory at waving around that rib and creating another clone.

On the other hand strip out all religion, or some universal Force we all become lumps of carbon.

I'd have to ask God what a soul was then?
And does he have one?

Or .. perhaps the most fundamental question ..
Does He himself believe he is a God?

Or another one ..for humans to answer.
Could we, Humankind, one day create a planet?
He did. And we're just a chip off the block.
The Da Vincis, the Oppenheimers ... move Man forward. The masses just struggle along with the manuals about How-To Do-It.

Page 5 of 43 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top