Join for free
Page 28 of 38 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 05:19 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Gossip sells.
Unfortunately!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Whatever speed the South facing Kia was travelling at, it seems to me the Prince pulled out of the turning onto the main road & without due care & attention, to me anyway.

We were stuck in traffic today on our main road. Two cars involved in an accident, one a write off, by the look of it, that one was in the right lane facing the wrong direction & the other on the grass area to the side of the left lane, facing away from the road. Straight road no bends in it, so how that happened I've no idea.
We didn't hear or see an ambulance & people in both cars seemed unhurt, as they were on the grass area. The police & highway were in attendance They passed us in the queue.
It held the traffic up for ages. We were in the jam for half an hour, but cars further back from us must have been stuck for an hour or so. To be fair the police did a good job of getting the traffic moving again.
Me too.

Perhaps instead of installing speed cameras they should install a level crossing at the exit of the Sandringham estate. In that way the barriers will be down and lights flashing when there's oncoming traffic so daft old buggers can't pull out.

There goes me knighthood.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Me too.

Perhaps instead of installing speed cameras they should install a level crossing at the exit of the Sandringham estate. In that way the barriers will be down and lights flashing when there's oncoming traffic so daft old buggers can't pull out.

There goes me knighthood.

Hell Yes .
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Photo evidence emerges

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	334A5DCE-7D93-4161-B50F-799A4DF7DA34.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	8487  
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:23 PM

Perhaps instead of installing speed cameras they should install a level crossing at the exit of the Sandringham estate. In that way the barriers will be down and lights flashing when there's oncoming traffic so daft old buggers can't pull out. .

Good idea, there is more than one exit, depending on which direction you are travelling. The other A road to Fakenham also borders the royal estate.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Listening to comments on the radio this morning, even I was surprised to hear the amount of negative comments from listeners towards the Royal family. It appears we all want more to happen here, for him to be held to account in a proper manner ie taken to court and receive a driving ban - hopefully for life. There was only one caller who backed Phil but she was probably a long lost hanger-on relative.

Old Dukey boy is not good at taking advice or criticism, never has been and his arrogance is shocking. He is in a similar league to our beloved T BLiar who still insists on giving his opinion in the media and never listens to public opinion of him; but these people are so far up their own a***holes they couldn't give a toss.

I think this story along with the Markle-debacle has tipped the public's view in favour of abolishing the lot of 'em.

Bring it on I say.
In recent years I think there's definitely been a growing resentment towards the RF.
Didn't our annoyance at the Queen, some years ago (re her not paying tax), turn it around so that she does pay taxes ?

I think the Markle debacle has definitely turned a huge amount against the RF and highlighted just how P***ed off we are with them.

As for Phillip, not only has he come across very badly (again) he's also highlighted how the elderly, once again according to the young, should really not be on this planet, let alone be on the road.

Bah humbug
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 08:14 AM

Royal gamekeeper 'hit motorist across the head with a stick'
https://mol.im/a/6617199
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 08:16 AM

Don't hold back Piers!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-orders.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Royal gamekeeper 'hit motorist across the head with a stick'
https://mol.im/a/6617199
Gamekeepers are usually ignorant syncophantic oafs .
So this doesn't surprise me .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:23 AM

People calling for him to be taken to court obviously have no idea how the system works, most often when an old person is deemed to old to drive the police will talk the family and the driver into surrendering their licence in exchange for not prosecuting them. The waste of money that would ensue taking them to court where the penalty remains lose your licence is saved by that simple act.

Should he drive on the road ? probably not but court is an over reaction more to punish him for who he is than get any sort of justice.

Page 28 of 38 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top