Join for free
Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
Putting aside all the stuff regarding his age....he will have highly trained bodyguards paid by us to protect his royal skin.

No way should he be driving himself....these guys are trained in high speed evasive driving should an attempt be made on his life.
The wishes of a stupid old man should come second to national security matters.
As stated earlier if he wants to drive for pleasure there are plenty of private estate roads he can play on.
Which we don't have the luxury of...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:23 PM

I'm glad there was'nt a road rage scenario. Can you imagine the other guy say, running up to the car, effing and blinding, car jack in hand, only to be confronted by a gun toting bodyguard!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:39 PM

According to one local resident, local conditions and speed may have been factors in the RTC:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/prince-...rash-1-5856469

The A149 through Sandringham has no restrictions to speed below 60 mph considering how many access roads and cross roads there are in that stretch of road and it is a busy road most times of the day , I passed through there on Monday and had to wait at the same location as this accident took place . some time for a clearing to get onto the A149 heading towards Knight's Hill . There have been fatal accidents on that stretch of road , maybe now there might be speed restrictions , I live just off the A149 about 30 miles from that location , we have a 40 mph limit but some traffic still drive too fast through it for the conditions , 4 T junctions and a cross roads , Cyclists , Pedestrians , horses sometimes and two hidden accesses but still some motorists are oblivious to the problems where we too have had accidents some fatalities also .
A google search does indeed reveal a series of RTCs along that road .....

https://www.edp24.co.uk/motoring/fatal-crashes-map

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A149_road

The A149 is commonly known as "The Coast Road" to local residents and tourists as this road runs along the North Norfolk coast from King's Lynn to Cromer passing through small coastal villages. The road then leaves the coastline at Cromer and reaches the Norfolk Broads.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
It was his wife I felt for tbh - badly injured. She was in the same hospital as me. I wanted to go visit her, but just couldn't bring myself to at the time.
Aaaw. I'm crap trying to get words out onto a screen. In real life I've no problems expressing what I want to say (usually).
I can see it in my minds eye what you must have gone through. So sad.

Shove over and have a hug

It will be interesting to see what will happen, ie if Phillip will be done for careless driving or whatever it is these days.

I hope the other car will claim off his insurance
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, and I also said the same in post 24.

I wonder what would happen to the Duke if he had caused the death of other road users?
Good point Mups. Or even if any of the Royal Family causes the death of another road user... my minds working over time here now
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Aaaw. I'm crap trying to get words out onto a screen. In real life I've no problems expressing what I want to say (usually).

It will be interesting to see what will happen, ie if Phillip will be done for careless driving or whatever it is these days.

You're a sweetie Pesta....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

I'm sure they will be well compensated to prevent them going to the press.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

17-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
You're a sweetie Pesta....

Bloody insult!

Ooops, couldn't resist that
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

17-01-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm sure they will be well compensated to prevent them going to the press.

Hopefully!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Heard this on the radio at work, they said an announcement about Prince Phillip coming next I was very relieved time it came that it was just an accident not he was dead !

I wonder if he has a driving licence ? I know my grandad would be his age if he'd lived and he drove with no licence all his life, they didn't have driving tests when he started his driving career. Brilliant driver he was and I believe Phillip is pretty good too.

Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top