Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 05:31 PM

Re: "Me" time

I smile when I'm shopping , seeing couples together and the far away look on the mans face . I dont know why some wifes need the man with them . Oh yes and the ones that have a quiet niggle at each other .

Shopping isn't fun so I think it's best to get round the supermarket , get home then let the man help with the bags
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 05:35 PM

I much prefer shopping with my husband he then can't ask why I bought so and so or what it cost that scotsman in him rears it head sometimes (sorry to our scottish members just a joke between us).
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:04 PM

Luckily my closest female friend hates shopping, and she's the only one of my female friends who would be likely to ask me to go along. Lucky escape!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I much prefer shopping with my husband he then can't ask why I bought so and so or what it cost that scotsman in him rears it head sometimes (sorry to our scottish members just a joke between us).
In Scotland we refined that remark to tighter than an Aberdonian's wallet.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:18 PM

I've always been a 'me' time person, whoever I was with. Gawd, how else can folk recharge their batteries?

Even now on my own, if I've had a manic do everything NOW over the course of a few days, I need to stay home and just switch off, reading or just mooching, take all day to file my nails or something

As for hanging around shops window shopping, I've never been one for that. When I go to the shops for something, be it clothes or food, I just get on with it and go.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:22 PM

I love my own time.
Sometimes I may just go into my garage, put the heater on and sit having a quiet beer next to my bike...
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:35 PM

I remember a sitcom (Malcolm in the Middle, I think) where the husband would go into his toolshed, shut the door, sit in a lounger with a few beers close to hand, then turn on a tape of hammering, banging, sawing, planing and sanding of woodwork. He didn't do anything but drink beer and read. Very cunning.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tachyon, l always preferred going shopping on my own. My ex husband hated it and would say, ‘Yes’ to anything l asked his opinion about. He just wanted it done and out. That would cause a row and he would stomp out of the store and linger outside, like he was planning to rob it!

I see some men with their wives/partners in supermarkets now and you can tell they don’t really want to be there.
I love, the couples that have a row about whether to purchase an item or not.
Love all that. So true!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I've never yet figured out why women want their husband to come shopping with them in the first place, Artangel. OK, I get it if it's for the weekly shop, as I was happy to help her home with heavy bags but otherwise I wasn't interested. I most definitely never asked her along if I was shopping for something.
To be honest I didn't really need to go shopping this morning. I just wanted to get out of the house and get some air, so I tagged along. I should have stayed in bed to be honest!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:03 PM

I have all the Me Time I want at home in my study as I am now typing this rubbish while Ms d00d is in the other room watching primetime TV. She might pop in to ask if I need anything.

But real Me Time for me is being out alone. I like walking in Hyde Park or along the river. I like doing it with her and without her.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top