Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:25 PM

Re: "Me" time

It's one of the main reasons why I run Floydy, when I'm out on the road or in the country I have total control of my destiny. For something more relaxing I disappear up into the loft where I have a workshop that nobody has access to except me, and there is always something interesting to construct or just sit and listen to radio hams, the local skip lorry drivers, taxis and airline pilots on my scanner.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:31 PM

I used to have a me time every Sunday in Hyde Park in the olden days.Learnt how the world's problems could be solved at Speakers Corner and then wander about in quiet reflection in the middle of a busy city.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:56 PM

Some folks never question, they pass through life, on their own, never being at risk of committing a crime of passion, just another facet of this complicated web.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 04:56 AM

I'm retired, I live alone but I seem to be busier than when I was working. The only difference is that everything I do I enjoy (except going to the dentist).

All my time is 'me' time except when I am at the dentist or if my grandkids visit. Wouldn't be dead for quids.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I used to have a me time every Sunday in Hyde Park in the olden days.Learnt how the world's problems could be solved at Speakers Corner and then wander about in quiet reflection in the middle of a busy city.
Good point Psmith, I never feel so much alone as I do while being hustled and bustled in crowds of people either in the city or a crowded shopping mall.

Out in the wild places miles from anywhere and anybody, no problem, but alone in crowds of people I feel so isolated and vulnerable...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good point Psmith, I never feel so much alone as I do while being hustled and bustled in crowds of people either in the city or a crowded shopping mall.

Out in the wild places miles from anywhere and anybody, no problem, but alone in crowds of people I feel so isolated and vulnerable...
Especially in London where everyone around you is speaking in a foreign language....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Especially in London where everyone around you is speaking in a foreign language....
That is not restricted to just London or to recent times. Here in Cambridgeshire, as long as 12 years' ago, I was new to the area so in a large town here, as there were lots of people about, I asked passers by for directions to a particular location. The reply at least half-a-dozen times, after which I gave up, was a shake of the head and "no English"!

Now that really does make a person feel isolated when there are hundreds of people around!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top