Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:03 AM

christmas

anyone started thinking about christmas yet?
or have you already started to get pressie together,
do any of you save all year for the big day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:44 AM

Re: christmas

Hush your mouth doc, don't you know that Christmas is a nine letter word, and we don't allow them on the forum.....

Seriously though, we chicken out at Christmas and just write out a few cheques and pop them into the cards. Who knows what grandkids want these days, at least with cash they can enjoy getting exactly what they prefer. I know that we certainly preferred it when we were teenagers..
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Oh dont say that awful word
I cannot even begin to think about Christmas yet - that would mean wishing the summer over and the cold and damp and dark nights.
No not yet thank you
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 10:43 AM

lol,summer is over,and its cold an damp already,,and getting darker at nite
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Whoa, whoa whoa, hold hard there matey, summer isn't over yet awhile and I'm not thinking of Xmas yet until I return from my holiday which I don't start till next week.
doctor
west wales

24-08-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Whoa, whoa whoa, hold hard there matey, summer isn't over yet awhile and I'm not thinking of Xmas yet until I return from my holiday which I don't start till next week.
whats a holiday?

xmas dont mean nothing to me,every days the same when you have live stock

enjoy yer hols mate.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Doc what sort of livestock do you have?
Living in a beautiful place like West Wales, every day must be a holiday

I don't bother much about Christmas and stopped buying presents for everyone years ago and only buy for grandchildren now

I shan't think about it until the start of December when I make mincemeat and a Christmas pudding.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Ooh doc! Christmas is a naughty word at this time of the year! That's when our headaches start!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 03:32 PM

I hate Christmas anyway and this year will be worse as I will be on my own. I am always glad when its over. Too many people spending too much money on kids who have too much anyway. Dogs who are bought and discarded when the novelty wears off which is the worst thing of all as rescue homes are already full. Too much food and drink consumed. I could go on and on............

Just call me Ebenezer lol
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Please do not use the C word this early!

No family, too many friends have died; C*******s is not a big deal any more for me; send cards, presents for a few friends, skip the tree, but I do cook a proper holiday dinner for myself.

I order my cards after the holiday when they're on sale; don't need to get any more this season.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top