Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 07:49 PM

Re: christmas

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Bah humbug.
Its still August and that idle s** Cratchit has already asked for a few hours off on the 25th of December can you believe.
I suppose the miserable wretch wants me to allow him to spend time with that unruly brood of his.
It's high time his delinquent offspring were sent out to work in the mills and the matchstick factory.

The no good Cratchit has already incurred my wrath earlier this year by having the temerity to ask for a piece of coal for the fire in the counting house would you believe.

The nerve of the man, would he consider burning Tiny Tims crutch ?
Of course he would not - but waste my fuel - by all means.
Here I am doing my bit for the planet by not burning any fossil fuels and he should be grateful for my good works, the good for nothing reprobate.

I blame that other waste of space - my ex partner - Jacob Marley, he even paid for a new quill pen for Cratchit, where did that get him Huh? he now spends his days rattling chains about disturbing my well earned rest.

Christmas, Bah Humbug
You have a great sense of humour, Hammer ...... believe it or not, your post has cheered me up!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Love the pragmatic approach Joe, by the way, happy holidays mate....
Thank you Plantman matey - yet another excuse for a good nosh and booze up!!! - the hotel where I'm staying serve buffet meals so one takes a plate off the stack, and walks along the rows of food helping ones self to whatever is on offer and in whatever quantity one can consume. Cyprus, because of its history, caters greatly for English holidaymakers and they serve 'full English' breakfasts, eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, black pudding, mushrooms and baked beans. 14 days of that (not including lunch and dinner) and I'll be as big as a house and need my own Airbus A380 just to bring me home. Oh I forgot, one can also have carafes of wine with lunch and dinner and with a full entertainment programme in the evenings, one can also have cocktails too!!! Why would I want to come home???
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh I forgot, one can also have carafes of wine with lunch and dinner and with a full entertainment programme in the evenings, one can also have cocktails too!!! Why would I want to come home???
I have many happy memories of Cyprus from when I was there with the forces in the 60's, I didn't want to come home either.....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 01:44 PM

I'm an Ebay Nut and I buy bits and pieces all year. Come Christmas 99% of my Presents are bought and I don't have to go into Town for anything. I avoid the Shops at all costs in December....everyone goes nuts.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 04:02 PM

What little Xmas shopping I do is on line; no crowds or inattentive clerks there, no lugging parcels home on the bus/subway. Bliss!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 07:16 PM

Come on Uncle Joe you know why you come home.... because you would miss us so much!.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 07:19 PM

Very true Annie darlin', very true.
bumpthump
New Member!
Glasgow
bumpthump is male 

25-08-2011, 08:35 PM

Costco is awash with Christmas bits and pieces. Has been for a couple of weeks. My better half's prsents are already bought and wrapped! Quite a few others too........I'll be away from home working this year, so I simply have to get organised now.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Hi, bumpthump and welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum,
bumpthump
New Member!
Glasgow
bumpthump is male 

25-08-2011, 09:04 PM

Thank you!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top