Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Re: spiders

Regarding Conkers, please keep away from Dogs as they are like LSD,mind bending, Phoebe ate one last year( almost all) and I rang the vet and she had to go straight in and was put on a drip to empty her stomach, she was there all day but she was alright.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Are they Annie? I didn't know that. I've put conkers round about the house this week since reading about them on here. I often have Dizzy and Mister (my kids' dogs round). Will go and pick them all up again. Thanks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 08:45 PM

Thanks for posting that, Annie; very valuable tip for the dog people here who may not have known about it......
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Regarding Conkers, please keep away from Dogs as they are like LSD,mind bending, Phoebe ate one last year( almost all) and I rang the vet and she had to go straight in and was put on a drip to empty her stomach, she was there all day but she was alright.
Thanks from me as well about this tip as I was going to get some to put around the room but wont now. Have just put a huge hairy spider outside. I always use a feather/fluffy type duster with long handle which they like to cling to which makes it easy to put them outdoors.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 10:59 PM

I've been out in the garden a lot tidying up while the weather is good but have discovered the downside to it ......... I keep walking into hidden spider's web threads which have been woven from one plant to the next
It sends a shiver through me when it has gone across my face, I brush it quickly away, then another web thread appears from somewhere else! Ugh!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 11:07 PM

Oh no that's horrible. I always dread them getting into my hair
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Thanks from me as well about this tip as I was going to get some to put around the room but wont now. Have just put a huge hairy spider outside. I always use a feather/fluffy type duster with long handle which they like to cling to which makes it easy to put them outdoors.
I can imagine doing that and knowing my luck, the spider would drop and start running before I put it out So that's why I use a clear plastic pot to catch them.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've been out in the garden a lot tidying up while the weather is good but have discovered the downside to it ......... I keep walking into hidden spider's web threads which have been woven from one plant to the next
It sends a shiver through me when it has gone across my face, I brush it quickly away, then another web thread appears from somewhere else! Ugh!
I've noticed a lot of them too Mags......and one in particular was one of those stripey ones and I did look closer though to see if it was the one that had a leg missing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
I've noticed a lot of them too Mags......and one in particular was one of those stripey ones and I did look closer though to see if it was the one that had a leg missing
What a relief that would have been if it had been the 7 legged one!
marpaul
North Cumbria

29-09-2011, 11:20 PM

ha ha yes i know what you mean, I have to watch the spider to make sure it hasn't jumped off which does happen sometimes. I wont go to bed if there's a spider in the room.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 11:27 PM

One morning when I was still working, as I went down the walk an orb weaver spider had woven one across the walk that I didn't see till I'd walked INTO IT!!! I think they heard my scream 10 blocks away........

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top