Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 06:38 AM

Re: Stabbing incident Glasgow.

Originally Posted by morticia ->
from what i've gathered from a sneak about on google it is one of 6 hotels in glasgow housing refugees and asylum seekers. (note to self: Don't go to glasgow)

over the last few weeks there has been increasing trouble ..presumably along the lines of 'refugee and asylum seeker's lives matter most ' ( ha ha, forgive my droll like quip)

They claim they've been denied health care, have to share bathrooms, the food is crap ( so they're refusing to eat it) and they want their financial support reinstated.

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2020/0...care-by-mears/

i'm afraid once i read the word .... Refugee ... My sole brain cell switched off.
It's a bugger when you feel outnumbered and part of the silent, forgotten majority innit.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
I hope the injured officer pulls through.

It takes a brave person to run into danger instead of instinctively running away from it.

As a side....I've had many a good night out in Glasgow and enjoyed every one of them immensely......without a sniff of trouble.
Thank You Reg,I hope He does too...Methinks those on here who deride Scotland and the Scots have never been further North than York or Blackpool.

Constable David Whyte, 42, is in a critical but stable condition after suffering knife wounds at the Park Inn hotel on Friday afternoon.

Five other people, aged 17, 18, 20, 38 and 53, are also being treated in hospital but their conditions have not been revealed
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 07:08 AM

It seems difficult to get correct information on this .
Was anyone killed ( apart from the suspect ) ?
First it was reported that three people were dead .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No,not as far as I know.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
There is a detailed, lengthy news report on the ITV news, as for accuracy though?
See the link below if of any help:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-26/...d-to-incident/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Thank You Reg,I hope He does too...Methinks those on here who deride Scotland and the Scots have never been further North than York or Blackpool.
Now come off it May ... I've actually met a couple of Scots in the flesh ..can ya believe that bonny lass
At the local pub. Great bunch actually, and they were set to drink us all under the table and a great time was had by all .. until ...
Queen Elizabeth II was mentioned. Who they didna like. Not their Queen they said.
You've never seen anyone change so fast. Worse that football yobs and hooligans. Touchy foul mouthed buggers.
The fight strayed out into the pub carpark after barstools and tables got smashed and I left once the police were called.
No one needs to deride the Scots. Really, they don't.

I hope you sort out your asylum seeker problems.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
There is a detailed, lengthy news report on the ITV news, as for accuracy though?
See the link below if of any help:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-26/...d-to-incident/
It seems to have gone a little vague after all the initial hype over deaths.
One dead suspect still remains.

All that I've found is that of the injured , one, the youngest, is 17 and from Sierra Leone.
No one has died ... but some of the 6 injured are critical.
Two days earlier the asylum seekers were complaining/demonstrating because though they have 3 meals a day the hotel food is poor quality and they have to share bathrooms during this pesky social distancing.

Still ..on a lighter note, look at it this way.
Give it 50 years and the Scottish will be assimilated, not unlike the English will be.
Give it 100 and they'll be toppling statues, renaming Scottish streets, banning the films Braveheart and Roy Roy and telling the world the Scots discriminated against them.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

27-06-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Now come off it May ... I've actually met a couple of Scots in the flesh ..can ya believe that bonny lass
At the local pub. Great bunch actually, and they were set to drink us all under the table and a great time was had by all .. until ...
Queen Elizabeth II was mentioned. Who they didna like. Not their Queen they said.
You've never seen anyone change so fast. Worse that football yobs and hooligans. Touchy foul mouthed buggers.
The fight strayed out into the pub carpark after barstools and tables got smashed and I left once the police were called.

Yeah yea yeah...You've told this story before more than once...so..there was a fight between Your drunken lot and the Scottish drunken lot..of course Your lot were totally innocent wee souls.....and then You all ran away before the Police were called.

I don't have any asylum seeker problems...bonny lass!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
At the local pub. Great bunch actually, and they were set to drunk us all under the table and a great time was had by all .. until ...

Hi

Spot on Morti.

We have idiots here in England as well as in Scotland.

Most people are nice, pillocks are endemic.

They are everywhere.

Nationality is not important, being a Pillock is.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

27-06-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on Morti.

We have idiots here in England as well as in Scotland.

Most people are nice, pillocks are endemic.

They are everywhere.

Nationality is not important, being a Pillock is.
You can say that again SF...pillocks abound everywhere...even on the OFF.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top