Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 02:58 PM

Re: So, we think we are so important ?

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I didn't want to tell her but now I must admit that NASA has photographed this life form on Mars.

Vlad, I don't know about you but I am signing up to go there ASAP

Me too
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 09:52 PM

As I have said before, 'Mankind are explorers', and there is nothing to stop us from continuing that noble heritage.

I fully expect that some time during the 2020's we will return to the moon and not too long after that land a team on Mars.

I do not, however, expect that we will ever be able to travel to the nearest star. The distance is far, far too great. But, then again, who knows what the future may hold.

118 years ago today, (Oct 10th 1902) mankind took it's 1st flight at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, a distance of 852 feet. Could the Wright Brothers have ever imagined that one day mankind would fly non-stop from Los Angeles to Tokyo and do so in 12 hours ?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 02:38 PM

118 years ago bakerman that's so interesting to think no one was flying in the sky before that . What will happen in the next 118 years I wonder
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
118 years ago bakerman that's so interesting to think no one was flying in the sky before that . What will happen in the next 118 years I wonder
According to the Gospel of Muddy and Twink there will be no humans, animals, plant life, atmosphere or McDonald’s..we are doomed!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
According to the Gospel of Muddy and Twink there will be no humans, animals, plant life, atmosphere or McDonald’s..we are doomed!
OMG ! No more McDonald's Sausage McMuffins for breakfast ?
Vlad
West Midlands UK

11-10-2020, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
OMG ! No more McDonald's Sausage McMuffins for breakfast ?
Something must be done mate! And right now!

The extinction of the Sausage McMuffin must not be allowed, I will take to the streets..bare my breast and glue my tits to the pavement outside the Stock Exchange in protest!

SAVE THE SAUSAGE McMUFFIN NOW!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 09:42 AM

AHEM ...

So, we think we are so important?

I think it natural to feel important in our own little universes, I am (important)!

Re the universe: we don't know how big it is, and we don't know if there is more than one of these big universes. There could be trillions! Therefore we cannot begin to gauge our true level of importance. So best think small: stick to the cute little universes we all know and love.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

11-10-2020, 09:50 AM

It’s still tooo big! If I was in charge it would be a lot smaller and tidier.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
The Supreme Unimportance of Man was how one well known astronomer described it. It does give you some perspective and the questions it poses are interesting to say the least: How did it all begin and how/when will it end? Was someone from out there responsible for starting life here on Earth? Did that someone start life on other planets? Does life exist on other planets or are we all alone? Will we still be on Earth when the sun goes out? Or, will we have become extinct? Will we have managed to be able to leave home and travel the vast distances to the stars to set up a new home?

One thing is certain. If we stay here our species dies.
Life is scientific, nobody started it but humanity could wipe itself out and make Earth uninhabitable.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Life is scientific, nobody started it but humanity could wipe itself out and make Earth uninhabitable.
Well said Cinderella!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top