Join for free
Page 101 of 391 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 > Last »
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 02:40 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Hope you're alright Annie, I have problems with my lungs too and it isn't nice at all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Hope you're alright Annie, I have problems with my lungs too and it isn't nice at all.
That makes three of us Jim matey - one lung so badly scarred following a series of emboli - whilst its still in situ - doesn't work at all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 05:10 PM

I do feel for anyone who suffers chest problems, memories come back to me as a boy lying awake listening to my Father coughing all through the night with TB back in the 50's. However the good side of that was he lived to be 94, we nearly had to shoot him in the end.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 05:32 PM

Reminds me of my mother-in-law Jimmy. She caught TB from a friend who she was looking after, after the birth of her first baby.
My mil had to go to a sanitorium (as was the way then, about 1949/50) where she had a lung removed and spent two years there!
She lived to a ripe old age too and died of an unrelated illness, in her 80's. She also smoked, Players unfiltered
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Can't buy them any more, can you?

The only ones I ever see are the filtered.

Come to think of it, the only unfiltered I've seen on sale here has been Senior Service which my brother in law smokes.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

11-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That makes three of us Jim matey - one lung so badly scarred following a series of emboli - whilst its still in situ - doesn't work at all.
Sorry to hear that Joe.

My lungs are just completely ruined by my 43 years of 3 pack a day smoking.

I had some tests done on my lungs about a month ago when I woke up having trouble breathing and although there was nothing "wrong" with my lungs, they are very "clogged up" and the tissue isn't exactly what you'd call "good".

Plus when I had a lung capacity test the person said my results were one of the worst he'd seen in his time on the job.

I'd love to say the rest of my organs are fine but that pretty much tells the story of all of them.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 08:10 PM

I was raised in Manchester living with my Grannie and Uncle Paddy and the whole house was as foggy inside as out.Every one smoked packets and packets of cigarettes ns I spent a lot of time in bed with the old bad chest.But have to say I havent had one since moving up here nine years ago so I have put it down to old age.I have the medicine and have taken it nfor a week now, stopped wheezing but still coughing and I was up all day ,so onwards and upwards Folks.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Must say that I have a Diverticular in my throat and cant take Tabs as they would choke me,also I have a large Gallstone that cannot be removed due to complications during my last surgery......aint life grand.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I was raised in Manchester living with my Grannie and Uncle Paddy and the whole house was as foggy inside as out.Every one smoked packets and packets of cigarettes ns I spent a lot of time in bed with the old bad chest.But have to say I havent had one since moving up here nine years ago so I have put it down to old age.I have the medicine and have taken it nfor a week now, stopped wheezing but still coughing and I was up all day ,so onwards and upwards Folks.
As I suggested earlier Annie darlin' - try hot honey and lemon drinks - keep this up for a couple of weeks - yes I know you'll get heartily sick of honey and lemon in that time, but if you persevere, whatever is down on your lungs, you'll cough up - I promise and you'll feel much better afterwards. At night also try rubbing a dab of Vick vapour rub around your nostrils too - that will also help your breathing.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

12-12-2012, 08:09 PM

thanks UJ, I have been taking Lemsips but now have the Penicillin and am coughing much better now.

Page 101 of 391 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top