Join for free
Page 102 of 391 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Re: Today I have .........

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
thanks UJ, I have been taking Lemsips but now have the Penicillin and am coughing much better now.
Annie darlin' - Lemsips are rubbish!!! - have to use the REAL stuff - a bottle of JIF lemon juice and a jar of REAL honey. If you do this and keep it up for a couple of weeks, whatever rubbish is in your lungs or your sinuses will be destroyed. It works, believe me - I did it. Also as I suggested earlier too, to help your breathing at night, get yourself a jar of 'VICK' vapour rub, and dab some around your nostrils just prior to retiring for the night. that too works and will help you breathe at night.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 10:18 AM

Today......... I was fed up so I sat in my favourite chair & ate a whole trifle.

I feel sick.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Today......... I was fed up so I sat in my favourite chair & ate a whole trifle.

I feel sick.
Robert matey - a tot of Port & Brandy (mixed) will settle your stomach.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Sssscuper, itssch hit the ssscspot.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-12-2012, 11:44 AM

Sssscuper, itssch hit the ssscspot.

Told you it would!!! - might even join you.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Robert! you greedy pig

Turned the heating up an hour ago, I've felt cold all morning, even while doing some baking
I needed a sugar fix, so I nicked a piece of coconut ice from the blocks I made for Christmas..mmm, I feel better now.
Hubby has just braved the cold and filled the bird feeders up, they are emptying so quickly...poor mites. I'm thinking of making lard, berry and seed mixes in pots for the ground feeders.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 10:42 PM

Today, well tonight really, two relatives of the wife's showed up out of the blue, it just goes to show you, you never know who will turn up at this time of year, when I answered the door I didn't know them from Adam, luckily the wife came out and welcomed them in. They were two first cousins of hers from London and are over here for a Month, they didn't stay long and I was glad of that because it was getting embarrassing for me, they knew all about me and I knew nothing about them, I put that down to the wife's big mouth. The three of them have gone up to the local for a drink, they asked me but I made an excuse and declined, no sense in punishing ones self, one woman talking is enough to contend with at a time, I'm just sitting here sipping port and singing to a bewildered looking dog.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 11:23 PM

I've had a leter to say they're changing gas pipes from metal to plastic so they'll switch gas off, but not to worry it'll only take a few days and then it'll be back on and if there's a smell of gas it'll be my fault and I'll have to pay. They will offer to lend me an electric heater and cooking facilities (camping stove presumably) wonder if that covers Christmas, I've got a visitor coming and he eats like a horse. Good job I've got 3 electric ovens and I've just remembered I've got electric hotplate on cooker, as well as all singing and dancing microwave and slow cooker. You wouldn't think there was only me and the dog now and for the last 17yrs just me and
hubby. Will collect fan heater from caravan and buy new radiator, need one anyway. Wonder why they do it at this time of year or is it just our bad luck.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

13-12-2012, 11:36 PM

Jem, after you've finished singing to the dog will you be- Dancing at Lughnasa
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 12:32 AM

Jem, after you've finished singing to the dog will you be- Dancing at Lughnasa
The dog was mortified and he upped and went into the kitchen for a bit of peace and quiet.
They must be having a good time up in the pub, no sign of them yet, last orders are at midnight.

Page 102 of 391 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top