Join for free
Page 12 of 391 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 > Last »
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Janela that is what I do too I am quite brutal with everyone else's cards, chucked out a couple of weeks later but not theirs, everyone is kept in an old cardboard box in the wardrobe along with other bits and bobs they've made me. Well ....... there is more than one box actually.
Anyway, enjoy your birthday and cheesecake and those kiddies this evening
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Have a wonderful day and enjoy all the presents
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 03:56 PM

Thanks Jean Mags has given me a 'proper' page now
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Today I have...

...finished work for the week and having some time off to rebuild my sanity.

Wanted to go out somewhere this weekend, but the current cold snap makes it difficult to decide where and there's a chance my camera isn't going to get much use with this gloomy cold weather.

Oh well...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:29 PM

.....along with a few neighbours, had the telephone lines fixed Just had intermittant dialling tones, and this affected my laptop-internet kept going off and laptop freezing. Engineer came out and checked my tel. line and found that the problem was on the telegraph pole and would have to get another engineer out. They came Thursday, but because of the freezing rain, and health and safety, wasn't able to go up the telegraph pole! Anyway, all was sorted this morning, so we're all happy again!

Weekly shop this morning, then fixed a dog guard in the car, then met my friend and went for a walk round reservoirs-was still bitter cold, but thankfully dry!

Hope you enjoy your week off Graham....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Today I have cleared another cupboard in the kitchen..the one under the sink. Amazing how much there was, so many half bottles too and lots that should have been in the shed.

Popped out just to buy a friend a birthday card, found I needed stamps, bought hubby a magazine, saw some nice pasta salad for lunch, a couple of bogof's and my bill was £26
Blooming expensive birthday card
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:43 PM

Today I went down to the shed (At the very bottom of the back garden) with the best intentions of cleaning it out, I selected a nice spot under a window, dusted it down, and set the laptop on it, I then proceeded to connect it to the internet through the mains wiring, (dongles are no good this far down) and got a perfect signal, I hit on one of my favourite sites where I locked on to an old black and white film 'Ice Blonde', that was that, by the time the film was over it was time for me dinner, another wasted day God forgive me, the cleaning will have to wait.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Today I went down to the shed (At the very bottom of the back garden) with the best intentions of cleaning it out, I selected a nice spot under a window, dusted it down, and set the laptop on it, I then proceeded to connect it to the internet through the mains wiring, (dongles are no good this far down) and got a perfect signal, I hit on one of my favourite sites where I locked on to an old black and white film 'Ice Blonde', that was that, by the time the film was over it was time for me dinner, another wasted day God forgive me, the cleaning will have to wait.
I had to google 'Ice Blonde' to make sure you weren't telling us porkies It came up 'Blonde Ice' ?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:04 AM

Yes Carmen, I got the name backwards, a good film (1948) about a gold-digging Woman, with a good twist at the end.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:18 AM

Today I have spoken for the first time in me life to a Frenchman.

He's working for us and needed an ID card which I provided him with. Thing is, there was barely a trace of a French accent, his English being far better than many English people I know!

Page 12 of 391 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top