Join for free
Page 389 of 391 « First < 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 >
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 02:57 AM

Re: Today I have .........

Oh,I believe you,Jem,muh boy...it's SO easily done.

I recall the time [true story,this] I was sat tuning a guitar I'd just been handed whils't sitting on the floor at my girlfriend's home. A whole crowd of her friends were present,mostly members of various musical groups.
I was watching Q.I, which I like,plus tuning said guitar to drop-D for the owner,as gabble went on around me...so the squidgy fudge that passes for my brain wasn't paying attention to the world. My g/f snuggled up [I was sat on the floor,with my back against the sofa] and said "Say something really nice,Puggy"....[bear in mind all her friends were agog] Well,like the prat I am,I gave no consideration to the well-known fact that XX's have a vastly differing sense of humour to us XYs...plus I had 1/8th of an already overworked braincell to pay attention with. So,without forethought or attention,I said;

"Your kitchen has the cleanest sink I've ever pissed in".

I'd just like to warn those of little brain and too many Y chromosomes;
front doors really HURT when they slam into the back of your head!

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 05:29 PM

"Your kitchen has the cleanest sink I've ever pissed in".
You naughty boy, best laugh I've had all day Pug.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 05:35 PM

Today the wife asked me to go to help her and the daughter pick out a new bathroom suite, why she asked me I don’t know because my opinions are totally ignored, I think the pair of them know already what they want and just asked me as a sort of token involvement, making me part of the whole process so if anything goes wrong as it usually does portion of the blame can be levied on me.
I didn’t give the blank refusal they were banking on, instead I decided to strike a happy medium, but striking mediums is against the law, mediums are entitled to be happy just like everyone else. I would go as far as the shopping centre in the car with them and they could deposit me in the “Cuckoo’s Nest” a fine old establishment about a quarter of a mile from the centre, and renowned for it’s wonderful pint of Guinness and friendly atmosphere, they could pick me up on the way back and everyone’s a winner. Once the pub was mentioned that was the end of it, hat coat and brolly, so off they went.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-05-2015, 10:37 PM

Today the small front garden was finally finished and the wife loves it, the rain had stopped play for a while. Phyllis said trying to cut the bit of grass that was there was a nuisance with the big lawn mower so that’s one job less to be doing. I ended up carting the stones into it in the end, the grandsons done a runner, and I have another ton bag of stones she want’s shifted around to the back, the daughter and herself have something else planned for there.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 10:42 PM

Looks OK, on aggregate.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 10:46 PM

The garden looks very neat Jem, so much easier to care for
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 01:46 AM

Having horses is not all riding around shouting "Tally-Ho!" and horsewhipping plebs.....
I bet you can't guess what I was doing today.....
[this was barrow #4]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 10:44 PM

Today I formed part of an orderly queue.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Today I formed part of an orderly queue.
I was right behind ya
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 04:23 PM

Today I changed the oil and air filter in my 1994 Peugeot 405 and whilst under there have noticed that a have a leaking brake line, so that'll need to be replaced ASAP. Fortunately I am perfectly capable of doing it myself and considering those lines are many years old I'm surprised they lasted this long.

The wife wants us to go out for tea tonight at the local pub for some steak and chips or something (well, steak for me - she'll probably want fish). I have been cooking for the whole of last week as she has been feeling under the weather, although I couldn't get her to take any time off work!! Bloody woman.

Right, I'm going to vacuum the living room as just prior to typing this I knocked my ashtray over and now have a pile of ash on the carpet. That wasn't too clever! Thankfully there were no lit cigarette butts in there.

Have a good Saturday all.

Page 389 of 391 « First < 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top