Join for free
Page 4 of 391 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 11:56 PM

Re: Today I have .........

We had a shed when we moved here, then the lady at the end of our garden asked Joe if he would like hers as she was moving, so of course he had it and it was a nice small shed ,ideal for gardening tools and pots. You have the shed he said, when I went to get some tools it was full of his things, so dont tell me about sheds.That was almost eight years ago and I will be 79 next June so not a lot of gardening done by me now, Joe is a toy boy at only 71.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Today I have finally got my grandaughter's xmas pressie. I ordered it on the 2nd, it was posted on the 5th,(?)...waited and waited...finally emailed them to ask where it was and they replied, go ask the neighbours or the postman!!! I asked for a tracking number and they didn't reply.
Got another email from them..they have sent it by 'special' courier...that only took four days
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 06:17 PM

Today I have.....finished a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, very busy it was too! It was a Wasgij puzzle. Hubby and I love them, we get one each Christmas as a joint present.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 09:51 AM

I love doing jigsaws. Had to google Wasgij, never heard of it - looks interesting

Because of lack of space, have been doing the odd jigsaw online. Might treat myself to one of those though.
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 10:12 AM

I have not been at "work" for 2 weeks, yet today is the first day that I have had some "me" time! No working from home, no housework, no gardening, no vet visits, gotta go and cook tea soon, but just a lazy day! Back to work (physically via car) on Monday!! Hope everyone else at work enjoyed their break! I know "the boss" did!! lol!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 10:26 AM

Lorraine darlin' - gonna make you deeply jealous now - following my discharge from hospital on 28th December - have been forbidden by Surgeon AND Physio-Terrorist to do anything to strenuous, cannot go outside, cannot bend and pick anything from the floor. The only thing I can do is sit in my recliner chair most of the day and relax. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 10:39 AM

Good job this is not picture emails live!! All you would see would be a green screen!!!! lol!!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

07-01-2012, 07:35 PM

Hi Berxer, I've been doing on-line jigsaws too! I go to the National Geographic site...some lovely pictures on there.

I've had a 'stinking' cold, so I too have been sitting back Uncle Joe ...but wrapped in a blanket cos I was shivering Can't remember the last time I had a proper cold
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Hi Berxer, I've been doing on-line jigsaws too! I go to the National Geographic site...some lovely pictures on there.

I've had a 'stinking' cold, so I too have been sitting back Uncle Joe ...but wrapped in a blanket cos I was shivering Can't remember the last time I had a proper cold
Janela darlin' - stirling remedy for a bad cold - lots of Honey and Lemon in hot water, with a couple of Paracetomol as well. Last thing at night a tot of Brandy or Rum then dive under the covers. DO NOT throw off the covers in the night merely because you feel too warm - this is good, and the object of the exercise is to heat your body temperature to a point where you start to 'glow'.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

08-01-2012, 09:33 PM

Thank you Uncle Joe - does Vodka count? 'cos that's what hubby gave me last night Will try a tot of Brandy tonight.
I do believe in honey.... even though hubby and I are diabetic, it is very good for you. I'll see if I can 'glow' tonight

Page 4 of 391 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top