Join for free
Page 52 of 391 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 10:57 PM

Re: Today I have .........

The miserable old git wouldn't give the dog a bit of bun, shame on him Annie. I was just about to ask you, did you bump into anyone in Specsavers?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Poor you and poor phee, annie
Fancy not sharing his bun, I agree Jimmy, miserable old git

Because of the rain, today I have spent my time doing odd jobs, I've made 'phone calls, written my shopping lists, shredded rubbish mail (the bits with my name and address on) written out some birthday cards and made a note to 'phone mums old friend, cleared out some old books.
All in all I'm quite satisfied
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 10:02 PM

Yes she wasnt happy. No I didnt bump into anyone jem, but i almost caused chaos in there,I couldnt explain why I was there and I got deeper and deeper into it! Somedays its not worth opening my mouth, and to top it all the man who tested my eyes was from Northern Ireland and I couldnt understand him as I forgot my hearing aid and cant do acsents with poor hearing. I said I wouldnt be going out again.What a twerp I am.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 10:28 PM

I'm not too bad understanding accents Annie as I worked with all regions and nationalities over the years, pity you forgot your hearing aid though. The wife tells me I need to get a hearing aid, funny how when you are going deaf you are the last person to cop on to it, my wife is forever saying, "Are you going deaf or what, I've been calling you in from that bloody shed for the past half hour." I usually answer back (Just to rile her up), "Well I see your mouth is working normally, what's wrong with your legs."
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 12:30 PM

Found a few bananas beginning to -over-ripen in the fruit bowl. Took them out, peeled them, chopped them up, placed them in a bowl, added flour, sugar, soft margarine, milk, mixed dried fruit and some walnuts and voila!!! - have a banana cake cooking nicely in the oven - the smell is beginning to percolate into my lounge - a delightful smell!!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Found a few bananas beginning to -over-ripen in the fruit bowl. Took them out, peeled them, chopped them up, placed them in a bowl, added flour, sugar, soft margarine, milk, mixed dried fruit and some walnuts and voila!!! - have a banana cake cooking nicely in the oven - the smell is beginning to percolate into my lounge - a delightful smell!!!!
that'll do me UJ cos I've got some too and am shifting myself and doing a bit of baking.Coffee and walnut sponge, cheese and onion pie,cheese and pot pasties , fruit cake and now banana cake, ooh that sounds nice. And before you tell me I'll get fat I don't eat cakes. kids and son do though (DIL nicks a bit when no ones looking) unless it's lemon and whit choc sponge then wobetide anyone else who dare's touch it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 12:55 PM

Hazel darlin' - am not a hypocrite, so wouldn't dream of criticising what you eat - am also in shape (round is a shape!!!)
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hazel darlin' - am not a hypocrite, so wouldn't dream of criticising what you eat - am also in shape (round is a shape!!!)
You criticise UJ, never in this world.my coffee cake has come out beautifully, my banana cake is starting to smell wonderful.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 03:47 PM

I like the addition of mixed dried fruit UJ. Sounds delectable!

I'm leaving work early today and meeting my daughter at Faery Fest, a family event that goes all weekend. My daughter sells snow-cones, her husband plays in one of the bands, my grandson is mine to spoil while they do. It's held in the park a few minutes from my mom's long-term care home so she'll join us too.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

22-06-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I like the addition of mixed dried fruit UJ. Sounds delectable!

I'm leaving work early today and meeting my daughter at Faery Fest, a family event that goes all weekend. My daughter sells snow-cones, her husband plays in one of the bands, my grandson is mine to spoil while they do. It's held in the park a few minutes from my mom's long-term care home so she'll join us too.
Hope you all have a wonderful day with Grandson/Gt.Grandson

Page 52 of 391 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top