Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 12:53 AM

Re: Do you argue about the Heating??

I am the cold one, in the winter and we due tend to argue when the heating is on full blast and he is melting

I put it down to working in hospital, well thats my excuse, but the odd thing is at night when we do to bed i like a fan in the bedroom even in winter and cannot sleep unless its blowing on my face, but i like to snuggle under the duvet

the funny thing is even though my other half complains its like being in the north pole at night, on the few times i have turned the fan off he cant sleep
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 01:20 PM

No one to argue with lol so I have the heating to suit myself....excellent.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 02:08 PM

OH has gone out today so the Heating is turned right down 20d. Its lovely in here now even though its snowing outside. The first thing he'll do when he comes in is turn it up. We have only just put the autumn weight duvet on 9.5 tog. & I still end up throwing the thing off during the night when I wake up too warm while he puts a blanket on his side.
LadyG
New Member!
USA
LadyG is female 

16-12-2011, 02:59 PM

Tony likes to wear shorts and sleeveless T-shirts year 'round if he can get away with it. I don't like being too warm. I gave up counting the times I'd come home from work and it would seem like a sauna in the place. I turn the heat down and crack the balcony door. No wonder my skin feels like leather some days, huh?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Nope no-one to argue with so I have it how I want. It was a bit of a nightmare when my partner was alive though cos he felt the cold all the time and I used to come home from work and the house felt like a sauna at times. Still wish he was here but thats one thing I don't miss.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 04:50 PM

Well Ive just checked my readings on-line and we have gone £50 over in 6 weeks on the electricity and winter has only just started which is quite worrying.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 06:20 PM

We seem to be quite compatible when it comes to the heating, we never argue. He knows better
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 07:18 PM

We never argue about the heating but he's a beggar for switching off lights.I can leave the kitchen for a couple of minutes whilst cooking and when I come back the lights are off.....Drives me mad.............. Plus he's put energy saving bulbs everywhere.They take years to light up......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 07:21 PM

One of the many joys of living alone is you can do as you please with regard to heating or anything else
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 07:59 PM

Amen to that, Meg! Lovely, isn't it?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top