Join for free
Page 11 of 164 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:28 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Mags, that answers my question nicely.
You're welcome
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The Wife and kids work in the NHS, my son who is 31 years old had his Jab yesterday, might let him in the car with me next week.
He can still give you covid post vaccination...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:33 AM

Thanks Mags. just wondering because Mrs LD has had a GERD cough for about four or five years but has never been to see the doctor because she doesn't wish to take any meds for it (apparently, the cure is known to cause cancer). I was wondering if they ask about or test your breathing?
Have had the same problem LD but was on ranitidine until after they pulled it because it's meant to be carcinogenic. Well so is GERD... grr.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Have had the same problem LD but was on ranitidine until after they pulled it because it's meant to be carcinogenic. Well so is GERD... grr.
I know, it's a no win situation really. sorry to hear you suffer from it too Annie.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 12:37 AM

My wife had her vaccine this evening, at 6pm in the local surgery. Must say, it was very efficiently run, with lots of old un's coming and going. I'll have to wait a while, being a tad younger. Oh the problems of being a toyboy! She had the Pfizer jab. I'm hoping for that one too, with hopefully a freebie with that other product they have, that also gives one a big boost!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
My wife had her vaccine this evening, at 6pm in the local surgery. Must say, it was very efficiently run, with lots of old un's coming and going. I'll have to wait a while, being a tad younger. Oh the problems of being a toyboy! She had the Pfizer jab. I'm hoping for that one too, with hopefully a freebie with that other product they have, that also gives one a big boost!
It's good to hear your wife has had her jab John.

Please let us know how she is for the next few days.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-01-2021, 01:26 AM

I know, it's a no win situation really. sorry to hear you suffer from it too Annie.
Thanks LD. I really should be more careful about diet and lifestyle but ultimately having a chest bug is what sets off my cough. The one good thing about the lockdown etc is that there is little chance to be infected with the sort of thing that sets that off.

They should do more research into this condition instead of pumping people with antacids which can be very hard to withdraw from once you are hooked. It seems there's a blinkin epidemic.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 10:18 AM

I got a phone call last night just before 7.00 p.m to ask if I could make it to the vaccination centre before 7.45 p.m. It was only around a mile away, so I went and got it done. It was the Pfizer vaccine.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-01-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I got a phone call last night just before 7.00 p.m to ask if I could make it to the vaccination centre before 7.45 p.m. It was only around a mile away, so I went and got it done. It was the Pfizer vaccine.
Well done Mart!

You couldn’t get a quicker appointment than that.

Full marks to the NHS (and Boris) 👍

Please keep us updated how you are feeling.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:00 AM

No ill-effects other than slightly being able to feel where the needle went in.

The vaccination centre was a hive of efficient activity. Very well organised. Chairs were wiped down between patients. An area to sit down for 15 minutes before leaving. Chairs well-spaced.

Page 11 of 164 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top