Join for free
Page 12 of 53 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:40 PM

Re: Prince Phillip

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Pauline, dear heart, my hatred is NOT against mohammadans per se, it's against ISLAM.

In the case of Phillip the Greek it's quite --- interesting --- how his feelings towards a 13 year old girl when he was so much older (shades of Andrew?) and his well known --- activities --- especially in the flesh pots of London. Well known amongst taxi drivers but subject to a "D" notice, or how he was sent on a tour for months when his indiscretions became a bit too indiscrete. Just check it out.

Some of Your posts imo, on this thread have Brought this forum, to a low level, which I want no part of, that has been my observation on this thread, plus quite a few other threads you participate in....

Prince Phillip is unwell.....this is hardly the time to “ rake him over the coals”.....this is supposed to be a get we’ll thread, but once again....imo, you have turned into a bashing Prince Philip thread. you started the ball rolling......I am allowed to voice my observation on what I believe, it’s not judgment......your choice.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Some of Your posts imo, on this thread have Brought this forum, to a low level, which I want no part of, that has been my observation on this thread, plus quite a few other threads you participate in....

Prince Phillip is unwell.....this is hardly the time to “ rake him over the coals”.....this is supposed to be a get we’ll thread, but once again....imo, you have turned into a bashing Prince Philip thread. you started the ball rolling......I am allowed to voice my observation on what I believe, it’s not judgment......your choice.
Check my signature.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What about his war service Muddy?

After leaving Gordonstoun in early 1939, Philip completed a term as a cadet at the Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, then repatriated to Greece, living with his mother in Athens for a month in mid-1939. At the behest of the Greek king, George II, he returned to Britain in September to resume training for the Royal Navy.[19] He graduated from Dartmouth the next year as the best cadet in his course.[20] During the Second World War, he continued to serve in the British forces,

He served in the British Forces all the way through the war.
You consider that nothing?
So did my Dad and he was younger than Philip so did just about every man in the country at that time so what’s so great about that !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:44 PM

LOL! Same here, though I certainly don't think he has any sense of humour. Just arrogant and a nasty bit of work.
You started the ball rolling.in this post.then others joined in....again,their opinions.....as mine is mine....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-02-2021, 01:45 PM

Check my signature.

You Don’t Care....checked it long ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:46 PM

Threads about the royals always end up going the same way. there are those that love them and those that don't. I think the problem started when it was said he was 'Wonderful.' If we don't know him personally, how can we say he is wonderful?

Personally I wish him well and hope he goes on for a good few years yet but then I wish that on all 99 year olds whatever their background or their wealth. Let's face it, he will have a better chance and will receive the best treatment available.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:47 PM

That is only your opinion/ truth ,and quite a few others I see, which is the polar opposite to mine.

Therefore both valid, to the individual posters.

Prince Philip and the Queen are “ heroes” in the roles they have played, like everyone else they have made mistakes, but to serve a country like they have,....I could never have done it....the Queen was born into her role...so had lots of training....an amazing woman, who has served her country with honour and respect!.....gave her life to this country.....May God Bless You, your Majesty and Prince Philip.
What Pauline do you disagree with ?
The fact that he has had a wonderful interesting life ?
That he has travelled the world first class for most of that life ?
How are they heros?
The Queen gave her life to this country - this country gave her life and a rasin d’etre and a wonderful long life of privilege too .
If she didn’t want it she could have turned down the job .
God has certainly blessed them both already !
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:49 PM

Indeed you are. And other posters are entitled to voice their opinion.

Seems to me that for someone who claims to be non judgemental, you're being very judgemental about some posters.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:52 PM

I have made my opinion of the Royals - or at least the most senior of them, rather than the hangers-on - quite clear.

I would just add that it is interesting how things have changed over my own lifetime.

During the war and subsequently the country as a whole supported the Royal Family, who held the country together during difficult times. That's how the majority of the population felt about them in those days.

More recently, in fact I believe much more recently, the population of this country has begun to polarise into two discrete factions: the pro-British and the anti-British (including the remoaners). Similarly, we now find an increasing number of people who would rather we didn't have a Royal Family.

What I find sad goes far beyond the pros and cons of the Royals. What is slowly destroying this country is the way that our people are increasingly dividing and pulling in opposite directions, some not only wanting the abolition of the Royals but also hoping for the country to be taken over completely by a foreign power.

I've said it before, but I'm glad that Marge and I are the ages we are and have no children!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-02-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What Pauline do you disagree with ?
The fact that he has had a wonderful interesting life ?
That he has travelled the world first class for most of that life ?
How are they heros?
The Queen gave her life to this country - this country gave her life and a rasin d’etre and a wonderful long life of privilege too .
If she didn’t want it she could have turned down the job .
God has certainly blessed them both already !

Muddy....I have voiced my belief/ opinion....it’s the opposite of yours.

Did you really start this thread ,to wish him well, in his recovery?

Personally, I don’t think you did...just my opinion.

Prince Philip and the Queen are “ heroes” in my opinion....I don’t have to justify why, to you, so will decline,your attempt to get me into a slanging match........all in my opinion of course.

Page 12 of 53 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top