Join for free
Page 13 of 53 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:54 PM

Re: Prince Phillip

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So did my Dad and he was younger than Philip so did just about every man in the country at that time so what’s so great about that !
So wouldn't you have expected a Royal to have been exempted from war service?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Indeed you are. And other posters are entitled to voice their opinion.

Seems to me that for someone who claims to be non judgemental, you're being very judgemental about some posters.

In your opinion I am being judgemental.

In my opinion, it’s an observation ,sorry if it offends you...I can voice an observation,

Therefore have. and will continue to do so,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 02:02 PM

You are wrong Pauline I was just commenting on the news that he was going into hospital .
I have made no secret of the fact that I am no royalist but I don’t wish an old man any ill will . He’s an old man who has had a great and interesting life much of it in good health and has been indulged ever since he married the Queen 73 years ago .
During which time he has never had to worry about anything about getting a job paying for living he has lead a life of complete privilege . What is heroic about that ?
What is there to respect other than old age ?
Everything that he has has been bestowed upon him .
He won the marriage lottery of the century by reason of his spectacular good looks and a pro active uncle . I don’t blame him for that but it’s hardly heroic.
I have met Prince Phillip on three occasions he is what he is irascible and not very polite but it must be pretty boring playing second fiddle all the time.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 02:13 PM

You are wrong Pauline I was just commenting on the news that he was going into hospital .
I have made no secret of the fact that I am no royalist but I don’t wish an old man any ill will . He’s an old man who has had a great and interesting life much of it in good health and has been indulged ever since he married the Queen 73 years ago .
During which time he has never had to worry about anything about getting a job paying for living he has lead a life of complete privilege . What is heroic about that ?
What is there to respect other than old age ?
Everything that he has has been bestowed upon him .
He won the marriage lottery of the century by reason of his spectacular good looks and a pro active uncle . I don’t blame him for that but it’s hardly heroic.
I have met Prince Phillip on three occasions he is what he is irascible and not very polite but it must be pretty boring playing second fiddle all the time.

You wouldn’t have a clue, what Prince Philip has been through in his life...no more than I would.....because of all the above, you actually believe his life has been made for him....I find that a very narrow minded view......where is the “ depth “ to that...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 02:16 PM

I know what Philip went through and it wasn't easy.

For goodness sake - haven't any of you watched THE CROWN?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So wouldn't you have expected a Royal to have been exempted from war service?
Absolutely not he was an impecunious naval man from a deposed Greek royal family why should he be exempted ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Brilliant series. I love it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Carol, The makers of The Crown state the script is a work of fiction. A blend of history and fiction.

It is not accurate.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-02-2021, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You wouldn’t have a clue, what Prince Philip has been through in his life...no more than I would.....because of all the above, you actually believe his life has been made for him....I find that a very narrow minded view......where is the “ depth “ to that...
Of course his life has been made for him and he chose that life he didn’t have to marry the Queen ( she just happened to be the catch of the century ) everyone makes choices in life and he has an amazing life .

Pauline let’s keep this friendly shall we ?
Throwing insults at everyone who disagrees with you is not really ok.

Page 13 of 53 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top