Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:12 AM

"It could be you", was it by any chance?

Come on now, own up, who's late logging in this morning as they are busy in the counting house?
Some win though isn't it, what would be the first thing you would do if that was you?

"A single UK ticket-holder has claimed Friday night's £122m EuroMillions jackpot, becoming the fifth-biggest winner in UK National Lottery history."

"They now have a "fortune which can make their dreams come true", said Camelot's winners' advisor, Andy Carter.

"What an Easter weekend for one lucky player," he added. "We will now look to support the ticket-holder through the process and help them to start to enjoy their life changing-win."

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-ticket...ckpot-12264797
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:16 AM

Re: "It could be you", was it by any chance?

Hrmph! Not me anyway.....I don't know if I would like to win so much money, if I'm honest. Just enough to get us and the kids nice houses...I'd be happy with that. Good luck to the winners in coping with all their new friends!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:31 AM

I got one single number, so it’s not me!

I’d be straight onto Right Move, to find a larger house and garden for me and the dog. Then I’d sit down, with pen and paper, work out how much I need, then how much to give family members and friends, and what to set aside for charity. Just think how many organisations could benefit!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:48 AM

Lucky winner! Not me though, I'm afraid (though would I tell you if it were? )

First thing I would be doing would be buying new houses for us and the kids, furnishing them, couple of new cars, then large sums for my siblings. And large amounts invested for the kids and trust funds for the grandchildren.

Then once I'd invested an amount to live on comfortably for the rest of our days (including enough to cover live in help if needed in the days to come) there'd be lots of charities benefitting.

But, you know, we've got a roof over our heads, a car each, our health, enough pension to live reasonably comfortably, and all our children and grandchildren are healthy and doing well. Do we need more? No
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:55 AM

Dammit, my secret's out already....

My wife said "well that's ok, but what about all the begging letters?"

"Just keep sending them" says I....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Dammit, my secret's out already....

My wife said "well that's ok, but what about all the begging letters?"

"Just keep sending them" says I....

. Turnabout is fair play . Can we expect regularly invitations to the parties at the new compound once you have the pool installed?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
. Turnabout is fair play . Can we expect regularly invitations to the parties at the new compound once you have the pool installed?
You are welcome anytime SM, pool or not...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
You are welcome anytime SM, pool or not...
Same here, lottery win or not!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Same here, lottery win or not!
Didn't someone in the US win $1billion recently?

That's truly beyond belief.

Nearly enough to hire a canal boat for a whole 2 weeks in the UK
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:55 PM

Not us either. We don't enter the Lotteries any more. We save what we used to spend on lottery tickets and, when we have enough, buy Premium Bonds. Yeah, yeah, a lottery of sorts but you do get your money back as and when needed unlike the National and Euro lotteries.

With regards to a big win, one should definitely consider paying for the services of a good financial advisor and accountant to help with the tax implications of giving away/donating large sums of money and buying houses, cars, etc for family members, friends and so on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top