Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:49 PM

Rain

More forecast tomorrow, think we must have had a record amount this month. Hailstones today, and still only about mid teens temperature.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:59 PM

Re: Rain

Tell me about it.......sigh. Getting more depressed with it every day, 24 hours now practically non stop, everywhere getting waterlogged and Muddy. As for my garden it's never looked worse.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 11:03 PM

I may be in the minority but I think it's kind of nice that we don't have predictable weather. Keeps us mentally alert & physically fit having to move the seedlings in and out of the house!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 11:14 PM

The ground is waterlogged and taking longer to drain away due to the amount falling. Our lawn at back was submerged for over an hour, and the road was flooded because drains were overwhelmed.

In the last few days we have had a couple of inches, easily.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:16 AM

I agree, its all quite miserable. Where I am, it tends to get really nice around 7pm, when its too late to go anywhere or do anything of interest. I just hope we get something resembling a summer, soon.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:25 AM

The rain is really depressing me. The rain is bringing dark days and we so need some sunshine .

I am certain I suffer SAD my mood is so low right now.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree, its all quite miserable. Where I am, it tends to get really nice around 7pm, when its too late to go anywhere or do anything of interest. I just hope we get something resembling a summer, soon.
Me too although like last year we've nothing planned and we certainly are not going overseas this year either.

Like Cinderella, we're supposed to be one of the driest bits of the country but not this year.
It's been a complete washout.
We can only hope that it improves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:42 AM

Just seen some sun but it’s fast disappearing
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
The rain is really depressing me. The rain is bringing dark days and we so need some sunshine .

I am certain I suffer SAD my mood is so low right now.
Hey Lion Queen, cheer up lass. That rain could be snow. Just think of all the places around the world that are praying for rain. Give me a smile and brighten my day. Thanks. Peri.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 09:09 AM

Just checked the forecast for here. Light rain showers (but showing a percentage under 30 of possibility), and a moderate breeze. Top temp, 13. Hmmmm...

I’m fed up when walking the dog. We both wrap up warmly, even if I see the sun shining, as I know it’ll still be freezing out there. And people walk past me with bare arms and legs!!! Are they mad?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top