Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 08:47 PM

Re: Travellers set up on queen's lawn !!

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
What I'd like to know is where do they go in Winter? Do they have a cosy house somewhere & only travel in Spring/Summer, or do they hibernate all Winter. You never see them travelling in freezing cold weather.
If they do have a place to go & live in Winter, then why leave it, why don't they stay put, instead of making a nuisance of themselves for the warmer months.
Back to Ireland.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
About 50 travellers in motor homes and towing caravans pulled
onto the grass fronting Windsor Castle yesterday !!
But police and parking attendants swooped before they could
Deploy their mobile toilets etc and got them to move on
!
I wonder where they went ?

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

Pity the police don't 'swoop' equally quick when they park at other places they shouldn't as well!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Back to Ireland.
In a lot of cases you are right.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 01:21 PM

Back to Ireland.
No problem with the N.I Border & The EU, for them!

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 10:32 PM

"TRAVELLERS who set up camp at Dedworth Manor have been served notice to move off the site.

It is understood the group parked their motorhomes and caravans at the Dedworth Manor field at 8pm on June 1 after they were told to move on from the Long Walk outside Windsor Castle a couple of hours prior.

The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Council said the situation was being “actively monitored” and welfare visits were being undertaken before any decisions were made on how to proceed.

A council spokesman said notices were issued last night to move the travellers off the site."

https://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/ne...-site-windsor/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
"TRAVELLERS who set up camp at Dedworth Manor have been served notice to move off the site.

It is understood the group parked their motorhomes and caravans at the Dedworth Manor field at 8pm on June 1 after they were told to move on from the Long Walk outside Windsor Castle a couple of hours prior.

The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Council said the situation was being “actively monitored” and welfare visits were being undertaken before any decisions were made on how to proceed.

A council spokesman said notices were issued last night to move the travellers off the site."

https://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/ne...-site-windsor/
If I were to park my car (never mind caravan, as I don't have one) on a yellow line, I'd be issued an automatic fine. If I failed to pay it, I'd be taken to court.

Yet these Pikeys seem free to park their hordes of caravans just about anywhere and have a week or more free access before anything is even done about it.

Once again, we lack meaningful consequences to the breaking of laws. No wonder we are the most lawless country in Europe.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 12:18 PM

If I were to park my car (never mind caravan, as I don't have one) on a yellow line, I'd be issued an automatic fine. If I failed to pay it, I'd be taken to court.

Yet these Pikeys seem free to park their hordes of caravans just about anywhere and have a week or more free access before anything is even done about it.

Once again, we lack meaningful consequences to the breaking of laws. No wonder we are the most lawless country in Europe.
Quite agree with you there JBR, time to ignore all the 'do-gooders', who are part of the cause of this. Make our laws tougher and punishment fit the crime – zero tolerance, how it used to be years' ago, would be my answer!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top