Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:10 PM

Re: Amazon - a step too far.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Or more likely Rahul in India is listening to YOU.
Whilst rifling down your bank account.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:24 PM

I worry about the kids kids, they'll never know what it's like to stroll around a shop or department store and pay for goods with hard cash. Or have a conversation with a real person face to face....
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:32 PM

I actually went out yesterday to Asda, purveyors of gourmet foods and fine lagers to the Vlad household only the second time I have been out to a supermarket since lockdown kicked in last year. It was bloody refreshing actually talking to staff who still remembered me.
Purchased stuff that I would not have done on line it’s swings and roundabouts I suppose, but face to face shopping is more enjoyable.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I actually went out yesterday to Asda, purveyors of gourmet foods and fine lagers to the Vlad household only the second time I have been out to a supermarket since lockdown kicked in last year. It was bloody refreshing actually talking to staff who still remembered me.
Purchased stuff that I would not have done on line it’s swings and roundabouts I suppose, but face to face shopping is more enjoyable.
Absolutely Vlad, but I wonder how long it will be before shops decide the cost of the premises is too much and more profit can be made selling out of a dingy warehouse using a few electric vans....Jeff Bezos has been made a billionaire several times over using that method.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:43 PM

Yes…it’s the obvious and logical step I suppose, but not something I would welcome, although I have had prior to the last couple of weeks done all my shopping online..with mixed results but grateful to have had that service.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 06:39 PM

Yes…it’s the obvious and logical step I suppose, but not something I would welcome, although I have had prior to the last couple of weeks done all my shopping online..with mixed results but grateful to have had that service.
Yes, I agree, Vlad. Online shopping has its place but you can't beat actually going to the shops, having a wee chat to people and being there. We tried online shopping for several weeks, and while it fed us, it was a very bland boring experience.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

03-06-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes, I agree, Vlad. Online shopping has its place but you can't beat actually going to the shops, having a wee chat to people and being there. We tried online shopping for several weeks, and while it fed us, it was a very bland boring experience.
So true, I made many mistakes ordering online I mean how big is something that weighs 175 grammes?
I ended up with stuff too small and stuff too large….I shall eating Rice Krispies for months
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 06:48 PM

So true, I made many mistakes ordering online I mean how big is something that weighs 175 grammes?
I ended up with stuff too small and stuff too large….I shall eating Rice Krispies for months
Oh gosh! That's why I stopped - I got lazy and just ordered whatever was on the previous weeks shopping list, instead of scrutinising it and planning meals. Ended up eating the same thing week in week out. When I physically go to the shops its far more interesting to put a meal together, and have variety!
Vlad
West Midlands UK

03-06-2021, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh gosh! That's why I stopped - I got lazy and just ordered whatever was on the previous weeks shopping list, instead of scrutinising it and planning meals. Ended up eating the same thing week in week out. When I physically go to the shops its far more interesting to put a meal together, and have variety!
I know what you mean..but did I really need to buy frozen Calamari?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

03-06-2021, 07:12 PM

I know what you mean..but did I really need to buy frozen Calamari?
haha! Well there is that, yes! But at least you don't have 7 packets of Chia seeds sitting in the cupboard, with one half opened...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top