Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 01:40 PM

The Drunkard

Just as I was about to hop into bed last night, Murtagh suddenly started howling like a wolf. I hurried down the stairs to see what the problem was (it was almost midnight) and it turns out there was a man just outside the house 'slightly' the worse for wear; actually he was a lot the worse for wear and was lying in the road with his rucksack and a large bottle of beer beside him. I think he must have bumped into our window which would explain Murtah's howling.

As far as I could see, there was no way he was going to get up unaided, although he did manage to keep his bottle of beer upright throughout. I tried ringing 101 but they were too busy to answer so ended up ringing 999. They asked a few questions such as was the road busy at that time, did I know him and could I give a description.

Anyway, they decided that he might be a danger to himself and said they would send a car. Murtagh was barking the whole way through all this. Eventually, the goatee bearded drunk managed to sit upright and after much searching through his rucksack (opening and closing zips etc) he found his mobile phone.

So there he was, sat in the middle of the road, drunkenly punching numbers into his phone, getting the wrong person several times and politely telling them to F*** off.

Then the inevitable happened, the bugger stood up, had a wee, had a swig of his beer and staggered off up the road. He did stop briefly to aim his phone towards the night sky, perhaps he was trying to video the stars or something, then he disappeared around the corner.

Obviously no police had arrived yet, so I had to ring them back and tell them the good news. I have no idea how far he got last night, whether he made it home in one piece or whether the cops were called again but one thing I am sure about, he didn't spill one drop of his beer.

Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 01:48 PM

Re: The Drunkard

You could have come out and helped me
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 01:56 PM

You should have told the cops that he was waving a gun around- they'd be there tout suit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->

Aha. So it was you this time was it Vlad?
Good night was it?

I thought it sounded like LD up to no good again.
Us and poor Mrs. LD have all told him about his behaviour many times in the past.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 03:10 PM

It all goes to make life interesting.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 04:01 PM

It was a good night ��
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 05:28 PM

Quite an eventful night for you lol. Good boy murtagh for barking, no one would get in your house with a good guard dog like him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
As soon as I saw the red shell suit, I knew it was you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-06-2021, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You should have told the cops that he was waving a gun around- they'd be there tout suit.
Or wearing Union Jack shorts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-06-2021, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Quite an eventful night for you lol. Good boy murtagh for barking, no one would get in your house with a good guard dog like him.
Yes, I was quite impressed and kept telling him what a good boy he was (even though I wanted him to stop barking).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top