Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 08:50 PM

Re: When will GPs, dentists, Councils get back to normal?

If you have to get on an international flight to get what you consider great healthcare then you may as well move there and reduce your carbon footprint...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 08:56 PM

People forget a lot of health services are under strain because of brexit. Plus covid. A double whammy. On top of that there were changes afoot. As well as this dentists were working covid wards. Gps doing covid vaccines etc.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The NHS has serious hygiene issues and is overwhelmed at 40%. We really need to sort it out
If Boris had any balls, he'd write to India and ask if they'd consider sending us some foreign aid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
In answer to the question...no, I don't think the regular services will ever be resumed. Its all very well going private for healthcare, but how to do that with council services?
Become a 'traveller'.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If you have to get on an international flight to get what you consider great healthcare then you may as well move there and reduce your carbon footprint...
Nah. Like I explained, too many Yiddles there! In any case if the situation arose when it was necessary to go I'd go by charter medivac. Much lower fuel burn than a sched.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If Boris had any balls, he'd write to India and ask if they'd consider sending us some foreign aid.
Better yet export some replacements for those who had died!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:07 PM

People forget a lot of health services are under strain because of brexit. Plus covid. A double whammy. On top of that there were changes afoot. As well as this dentists were working covid wards. Gps doing covid vaccines etc.
Why isn’t mine under strain,Annie?

I know you work in that sector, hence asking you?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-06-2021, 09:07 PM

What the blood and stomach pills has BREXIT got to do with this? GP's vaccinating people? As rare as hen's teeth. Dentists working covid wards? And lose out on private patients? Are you kidding!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-06-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why isn’t mine under strain,Annie?

I know you work in that sector, hence asking you?

What makes you think that?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-06-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What the blood and stomach pills has BREXIT got to do with this? GP's vaccinating people? As rare as hen's teeth. Dentists working covid wards? And lose out on private patients? Are you kidding!
you're out of touch. They even had vets on covid wards last year. Probably in Jan too. I'm sure they are seriously fed up and need a break.

My GP was set to retire a few years ago but has hung on. So many others didn't. Many dentists left the NHS contract years ago. But it's dental nurses, practice nurses, reception staff, district nurses, phlebotomists, etc that are short. Doctors seem to be coming here from China or Hong Kong.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top