Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:38 PM

Re: No Prince Charming

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aaw bless him. Wonder where he was on his way to?
I like frogs and toads.
Not the French restaurant that's for sure.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:45 PM

Wonder where he was on his way to?
He was probably on his way to address a meeting of the UK Reform Party, Mups.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not the French restaurant that's for sure.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Just my luck! Today while walking the trail at my local Park this little guy was right in my path. I stopped, talked to him, took his photo, he never shied away. He blended in the environment. I immediately thought, "Oh! Finally, it's my frog turning into Prince Charming!"
Then...it hit me. It's no frog. It is a TOAD! Curses!
He is very cute. I haven't seen a toad for years, nor a frog come to think of it. They haven't visited my pond for years.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
He is very cute. I haven't seen a toad for years, nor a frog come to think of it. They haven't visited my pond for years.
I see them all summer long, Tiffany. Like Mups, I do like them, they bother no one, and not many other animals bother them.
Although, I do like frog legs as an appetizer. I try not to let these little guys hear that part of it, though.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 05:35 AM

I was gardening the other day and one jumped out of the undergrowth...I told him he shouldn't jump out at people like that ...its scary. He looked at me as if to say bugger off and went on his way....so no Prince Charming here either
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

13-06-2021, 07:30 AM

While I was searching for the leak in my pond system yesterday morning I put my hand in the upper pond and found something l thought was a slug. I got it out and it was this big frog in the first picture. Not a very clear photo unfortunately. I don't think he's the cause of the leak. I can't see how he could drink 20 liters of water a day. The search continues.

Still I suppose it was better than the bat in the second picture that my eldest daughter found roosting in their wood burner. Son in law put some heavy duty gloves on and removed it. How it got there? I think it flew down the flue

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4891.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	15906   Click image for larger version

Name:	4862027f-abe7-4c0f-a16d-0981d6e9aaeb.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	15907  
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 10:44 AM

Aaw bless him. Wonder where he was on his way to?
I like frogs and toads.

Some toad pinched his stool.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I see them all summer long, Tiffany. Like Mups, I do like them, they bother no one, and not many other animals bother them.
Although, I do like frog legs as an appetizer. I try not to let these little guys hear that part of it, though.
I've never eaten frogs legs. I'd prefer not to.
We do have lots of newts in the pond though.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was gardening the other day and one jumped out of the undergrowth...I told him he shouldn't jump out at people like that ...its scary. He looked at me as if to say bugger off and went on his way....so no Prince Charming here either
Summer, I am glad to hear you say you also were talking to toads! We are in good company, then.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top