Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 09:08 AM

Re: The 4th Dimension

Oh well I am with Jem,the 20/30 for me ,loved the clothes and furnishings then, and would also like to go to the Victorian era.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Eggiebread ->
Waves to everyone For me it would have to be travelling back to the mythical times of King Arthur. I wonder if as a female I would have met the same fate as Joan of Arc for wanting to wear armour and bear arms?? Or would the court of Arthur have been progressive about female knights?
Other than that , to travel back to the time of DaVinci and watch him at work.
Lyn darlin' you're getting your historical periods a little mixed. Arthur was 5th or 6th Century whereas Joan d'Arc was 13th Century.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

10-08-2012, 10:21 AM

First of all I'd like to spend some time in the company of mollie's bonkers friend........he sounds really interesting.

But I think I'd fancy going back to the 20s. Maybe have a blast at being a flapper. They looked like they had a lot of fun.

excerpt from wiki.....

"Flappers were a "new breed" of young Western women in the 1920s who wore short skirts, bobbed their hair, listened to jazz, and flaunted their disdain for what was then considered acceptable behavior. Flappers were seen as brash for wearing excessive makeup, drinking, treating sex in a casual manner, smoking, driving automobiles and otherwise flouting social and sexual norms."

And I loved the way they dressed...........

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 10:27 AM

Looking good Mazzie darlin'
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

10-08-2012, 10:31 AM

I wish, uncle joe........

I thought she looked a bit like Tracy Barlow to be honest.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 10:42 AM

And with a super long ciggie in a cigarette holder in her hand!
How times have moved on hey!
Does look a great outfit and great fun but I suspect only for the well heeled and not the average working woman.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

10-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And with a super long ciggie in a cigarette holder in her hand!
How times have moved on hey!
Does look a great outfit and great fun but I suspect only for the well heeled and not the average working woman.
I beg to differ Sags darlin' - why wouldn't any woman, irrespective of their class look good in such a dress???
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

10-08-2012, 06:44 PM

I don't reckon they were all well heeled. Like every other trend, a lot of women followed the dress trend but not necessarily the life style. I thought their dresses and hairstyles were amazing...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 07:18 PM

Ancient Egypt for me I think, to watch some of the awesome construction projects rise up.....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
First of all I'd like to spend some time in the company of mollie's bonkers friend........he sounds really interesting.
Believe me, he'd wear you out in 10 minutes. He's 63 and is always dashing around; but seriously, he's probably the most knowledgeable person I've ever known and he's quite fascinating to talk to - when we have time of course.

So, no takers for trips to the future so far, apart from meself.

Medieval times does sound interesting, but it would be just my luck to be standing under a window when the occupier threw out a pot o' pee - or worse!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top