Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 08:28 PM

Re: Agnus Dei

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you dongles my dear. . . I think.. .
It's alright Mups. I'm not winding you up.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Agnus Dei is the Holy Lamb.
Yep and He said thus-behold the Lamb-Behold the slivers of rosemary and garlic. Come to me and think-do I not welcome you?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I`m going to try to put my mouth into something,also 3 women who do not eat lamb as a rule. They all go to church but my oven is also my bible.

I have invited my lady,and two daughters for roast leg of lamb on Saturday. Lamb is not really that common in Zimbabwe. But her man must show her he can cook lol

Might I suggest a slightly different recipe instead of the traditional mint sauce. You'll need; 1/2 Pt orange juice, 2 Tblsps Apricot Jam, 2Tblsps of soy sauce, 2 Tblsps of Lee & Perrin Worcester sauce, several cloves of garlic (crushed) and some dried rosemary.

Place leg of lamb in roasting tin and pour orange juice over it, add the soy and worcester sauce. Spoon the Apricot Jam onto the lamb and sprinkle with the dried rosemary. Crush the garlic and place that on top too. Leave lamb in marinade, occasionally spooning the juice over it so as not to allow it to dry. When ready to cook, remove lamb from marinade and dry roast in the oven for approx 45 mins. Romove from oven and pour off any excess fat. Pour marinade over lamb and return to oven. Continue to baste at intervals until lamb is cooked!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 07:29 AM

This is serious stuff first the leg of lamb next the fatted calf....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is serious stuff first the leg of lamb next the fatted calf....

Wait till he becomes 'Desperate Dan' and starts in on a cow pie!!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 07:39 AM

So what's Angus Deayton got to do with the Bible? Or roast lamb even?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 08:31 AM

Make sure the lamb is thoroughly cooked OG, or in three days time it will rise up and create a world of misery....

Agnus Dei is a choir from New College, Oxford that did a decent rendition of Adagio for strings by Barber.....One of my favourite classical pieces.....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Might I suggest a slightly different recipe instead of the traditional mint sauce. You'll need; 1/2 Pt orange juice, 2 Tblsps Apricot Jam, 2Tblsps of soy sauce, 2 Tblsps of Lee & Perrin Worcester sauce, several cloves of garlic (crushed) and some dried rosemary.
You can suggest it but I wouldn't personally pay any heed to it. It's a terribly unhealthy recipe.

You might as well simply stand there and spoon 15 full teaspoons of sugar over the lamb !!

1/2 pt Orange juice contains 23g sugar
2 tblsp apricot jam contains 24g sugar
2 tblsp soy sauce contains 7g sugar
2 tblsp worcester sauce contains 6g sugar

Total sugar content 60g

Equiv of 15 teaspoonfuls of sugar!

If you were to approach your life eating regime like that you would likely end up old, fat, very ill and spend most of your time in an armchair being grumpy and belligerent!

Lamb is a beautiful meat with lots of its own flavour. It doesn't require dressing up in sugar ! Simple garlic and rosemary would suffice adequately for great depth of flavour.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 09:37 AM

Can one buy tickets to OGLand?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

12-04-2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You can suggest it but I wouldn't personally pay any heed to it. It's a terribly unhealthy recipe.

You might as well simply stand there and spoon 15 full teaspoons of sugar over the lamb !!

1/2 pt Orange juice contains 23g sugar
2 tblsp apricot jam contains 24g sugar
2 tblsp soy sauce contains 7g sugar
2 tblsp worcester sauce contains 6g sugar

Total sugar content 60g

Equiv of 15 teaspoonfuls of sugar!

If you were to approach your life eating regime like that you would likely end up old, fat, very ill and spend most of your time in an armchair being grumpy and belligerent!

Lamb is a beautiful meat with lots of its own flavour. It doesn't require dressing up in sugar ! Simple garlic and rosemary would suffice adequately for great depth of flavour.

Urinate elsewhere!!! - I happen to like the taste of it - a recipe used fairly extensively in North Africa!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top