Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:20 PM

Re: New Boiler

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Foxy, I am just happy to have an "ECO" button, tonight I will sleep well.
Yes Spitty, 'ECO' button is good. But you must wait a bit for your hot water!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:24 PM

Yes, but no probs, resilient to a Water Meter, and I am told, I need to be more patient.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:41 PM

My old Halstead boiler (from Wickes) served me well for over twenty-five years. I installed it myself and had it checked over by a Corgi reg. pal of mine. Decided to swap it two years ago because of all hoo-ha about being green. The old one was cast iron and wall mounted to a bracket fixed to the wall with coach bolts. I nearly gave myself a hernia lifting the damned thing off the wall, (christ it was heavy, two of us lifted it originally) and had to cart it outside in small stages for the sake of my back. By pure chance, some of those East European scrap dealers who drive round all day in flat-bed vans looking for scrap called about two days later and asked if they could take it. It took two of them to cart it up the path and on to their wagon.

New boiler (Ideal) light as a feather in comparison and just mounted to a small bracket - a lot more efficient too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Not necessarily,

He had it checked and commissioned by a gas safe engineer. So, he should have the documentation that it was safe and signed off. It could be re-checked before a sale.
Yes I know. Sorry, I wasn't questioning spitfire's situation it was just a general question.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Fender is the Expert on this, lucky to have him on here.
Indeed we are.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Look into Ideal boilers as well. They will give a 7 year warranty if installed correctly and the boiler gets registered with them within a certain period.

Worcester Bosch are a bit overrated imo.
Some "engineers" will slate Biasi for example. But, for some time they were known for having the least number of issues during their warranty period than any other boiler.

We have one (the Riva high efficiency). Only problem in 9 years was a £10 temp sensor. It's still going strong.
Thanks Garry. I'll look into that brand as well. Perhaps more importantly is how much the installer will charge.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks Garry. I'll look into that brand as well. Perhaps more importantly is how much the installer will charge.
Buy the boiler yourself mate, and any other bits required.
You can always pm me ref any installation quotes, and I'll try to give you an idea if you're being ripped or not.
Or, just scan and email me a copy of any quotes.

Make no mistake, there are some bloody crooks out there to say the least.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes I know. Sorry, I wasn't questioning spitfire's situation it was just a general question.
I understand buddy - I just gave an answer..
No apologies or "sorry" necessary whatsoever.

I bloody hate the written word sometimes - just too easy to take things the wrong way eh?.........
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 01:59 AM

This sub-tropical Aussie has to ask
What are all these bloody "boilers" you lot are on about ?

I have an electric kettle for heating water for tea or coffee.
I have a 'hot water system' for showers and the laundry - but it doesn't 'boil' anything.

I've heard some nasty old crones called "old boilers".
Also *chooks too tough for ordinary cooking .............

* a chicken is a small chook
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

09-03-2017, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
This sub-tropical Aussie has to ask
What are all these bloody "boilers" you lot are on about ?

I have an electric kettle for heating water for tea or coffee.
I have a 'hot water system' for showers and the laundry - but it doesn't 'boil' anything.

I've heard some nasty old crones called "old boilers".
Also *chooks too tough for ordinary cooking .............

* a chicken is a small chook
Cheeky sod.......

I suppose you're more into your a/c....

(And I'm jealous)..

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top