Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 01:11 PM

Meanwhile in the Eurozone ...

More negative interest rates and quantitative easing.

.... yes ^^^ that !!!!

- interest rate + QE = recession

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-ec...-idUKKCN1VX1DB
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:57 PM

Re: Meanwhile in the Eurozone ...

I think it is going to get bad with the Euro. I know they were just pulling themselves out of the mire in 2017, but seems that has been their only good year recently. If Germany falls into recession, won't that surely endanger the economies of 25 other Shenghen Area members? I can see them all quickly reverting back to their old currencies. End of the Euro? End of the EU.

Germany may well be the biggest beast in the bearpit, but it has a huge responsibility to the other member states. Once big beast is in trouble with a recession, it will be mass panic.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I think it is going to get bad with the Euro. I know they were just pulling themselves out of the mire in 2017, but seems that has been their only good year recently. If Germany falls into recession, won't that surely endanger the economies of 25 other Shenghen Area members? I can see them all quickly reverting back to their old currencies. End of the Euro? End of the EU.

Germany may well be the biggest beast in the bearpit, but it has a huge responsibility to the other member states. Once big beast is in trouble with a recession, it will be mass panic.
The EU and in particular the Eurozone has always seen Germany as the solution to all their problems. Never once did it cross their mind that Germany would go into recession but here we go again for the 2nd time since 2008 and their is no sign of recovery looming at all. The 2nd biggest contributor of the failed EU project is walking out the door and with it billions of funding and trade. They can't recover by ascending Romania and Macedonia, the numbers aren't there. The ONLY option for the Eurozone now is QE and austerity.

QE started in 2008 and stopped momentarily in 2018 than 2019. One thing is guaranteed out of this and it is that QE is not working and will never work - the EU is on the edge of collapse and only negative interest rates are stopping the whole thing imploding.

Expect the 27 to start releasing their own crypto currencies like Italy was threatening to do.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Schengen area and eurozone are different entities. This map may help you.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	european-union-nato-schengen-eurozone-mebers.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	10663  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
More negative interest rates and quantitative easing.

.... yes ^^^ that !!!!

- interest rate + QE = recession

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-ec...-idUKKCN1VX1DB
It is happening all over the world, nothing specially to do with Europe or the EU. It is caused by the USA v China trade war, everybody else is collateral damage, the big boys are playing hard.

You are kidding yourself if you think it is to do with Brexit (though Brexit won't help).
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is happening all over the world, nothing specially to do with Europe or the EU. It is caused by the USA v China trade war, everybody else is collateral damage, the big boys are playing hard.

You are kidding yourself if you think it is to do with Brexit (though Brexit won't help).
The excuse is that it's always happening all over the world Ofcourse the trade war with China has a huge impact on the Eurozone but the bigger picture here is how after 10 years the Eurozone are still pumping 20 billion a month into the economy from borrowing just to keep it afloat. It's an epic failure of biblical proportions.

Another problem for the Eurozone (and the EU) is that Germany is going into recession (which is another reason why the ECB are panicking and throwing 20 billion a month at the problem to try and cover it up). People have lost trust in the German car manufacturers because of the emissions scandal, they are primarily big diesels that nobody wants to buy because of uncertainty on tax laws and lastly, they do not have a hybrid/battery alternative which have lately been super popular because of government funding schemes and incentives to help people buy them (although these have mostly ended now). The Japanese and Americans are way out in front with their technology, leaving Germany to desperately look for solutions (although VW are touted at buying Tesla - which has other issues of exploding cars, deaths and spontaneous fires).

I digress ..

I never said it was to do with Brexit although the UK contributions would help to shore up the QE from the ECB thats for sure, and considering up to 100 billion net trade is going to walkout the door on 31st October guess what's going to happen to the 20 billion a month QE from the ECB .... ? Up Up Up it goes !

The ECB QE is an absolute catastrophe its failed since 2009 and continues to fail year in year out. Put your money in a Eurozone bank and they will take 0.5% just for putting it there - ouch ! Doesn't look like the Eurozone banking industry is a good investment does it

Draghi left a legacy of QE4EVA (QE For Ever) to Lagarde - its the death spiral of the Euro and their brilliant idea is to give the problem to ex-convict Christine La Garde to fix (who, incidentally, is a lawyer not an economist).

How is all this paid back ? Well, thats another question ... and the only method available to the Eurozone is with austerity measures. They cannot devalue their currency, they cannot control inflation, they can only punish their tax payers for their miserable failure of implementing a centralised currency with no centralised treasury.

I'll give it 2 years maximum.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-09-2019, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Schengen area and eurozone are different entities. This map may help you.
What SG meant Solasch is that social mobility in the Schengen area would mean unemployed people would move to Germany and France for jobs that don't exist (a recession is a guaranteed way to increase unemployment).

One of the reasons for the introduction of the CAP is all those french farmers who have small-holdings and small farms (there are millions of them) would otherwise flock to Paris for jobs that did not exist unless they had guaranteed income for their farms. The CAP made it possible for french agriculture to be funded and supported by the member states through protectionism.

Unemployment, recessions and protectionism are not a great combination, as the EU is finding out.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I never said it was to do with Brexit
This is the BREXIT Forum.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-09-2019, 10:24 AM

This is the BREXIT Forum.
Well, not totally to do with Brexit. If you read the rest of my post you would realise that
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:34 AM

Negative interest rates are not caused by trade wars Brucy!
Negative rates are a nonsense dreamed up by politicians
and bankers to allow governments to borrow without having
to pay interest on their loans!
In the real wor!d decent rates are the driving force for
Savings and prudence which imo lead to real wealth! Not as
is the case now where everthing is based on debt! Chldren
now are born clutching a visa card?
People used to save up to obtain things now they even
pay their deposits with a credit card?

I remember America had a trade war with Japan not so long
ago, but l dont recall it having any effect on the rest of the
world?
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top