Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 01:27 PM

Re: Obesity excuses

I'm not fat, I'm too short for my weight.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's brilliant, JBR, but you've got to stop showing us your home movies
To be honest, I don't remember ever even entering a 'gime' since I left school.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:49 PM

There used to be a fitness guru on tv who I think was called Rosemary something.
I only remember one thing she said.
"People who are not able to organise themselves into a healthy eating regime are usually out of control on other aspects of their life"
Harsh, but true.

SIGNED A Fahti
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
There used to be a fitness guru on tv who I think was called Rosemary something.
"People who are not able to organise themselves into a healthy eating regime are usually out of control on other aspects of their life"
Harsh, but true.

SIGNED A Fahti
I've known you to be so harsh Roberta - is your girdle pinching you?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Harsh, but true.

SIGNED A Fahti
Could that have been Rosemary Conley, Robert?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:22 AM

was that Rosemary Conley of the "hip and thigh diet"? Boy was that book a waste of money.

I used to buy such tomes of wisdom as a young tweenie in the 80s. The fact that weighed about 7 and a half to 8 stone at the time didn't stop me thinking I needed to diet & exercise!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 02:33 PM

Potentially interesting programme coming to BBC 4 this Thursday 10th Jan at 22:00 on this topic.

"Why Are We Getting So Fat?"

"Dr Giles Yeo investigates obesity in the UK. Many people believe that if people could just eat less, the obesity problem would be solved, but this may be harder than it sounds"

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top