Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:24 PM

Foundation Make-Up

Hi ladies

I have just about run out of my favourite foundation which is Clinique and I was going to buy some tonight but I'm not wanting to spend over £25 on it. I've had mine a long time as I don't wear foundation very often so it last me a long time.

I love it because it really does make your skin look flawless but I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a good foundation that isn't so expensive?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:54 PM

Re: Foundation Make-Up

Hi Queenie,

I have used Lancome Renergie Lift foundation for about ten years now. It is pricy, about $48, but as you say, it lasts me about six months, goes on evenly, leaves my face soft, and has SPF 20. I never have a breakout problem with this product.

At times I have tried Loreal Lift, about $15, to save money. It is creamy, does cover well, but tends to lay on the skin instead of blending well, and at times initiates a blemish or two.

The Lancome products truly treat my complexion kindly, and I still get compliments occasionally. Well worth the splurge IMO. I'll cut corners on other lotions and creams.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:31 PM

The only time I wear make up now, is if I am going somewhere special, then I transform myself.

I don't wear it for my yoga classes, nor does anybody else. Neither do I bother for dog walking or shopping.
This way I don't get a shock in the mirror at the end of the day when I clean it all off again.

Trouble is, with not getting made up very often, I have to then bear in mind how long I have had the stuff for, as all make up has a shelf life once opened. I certainly wouldn't use old out of date stuff on my eyes for a start.

Each to their own ey.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:47 PM

I used Lancôme years and years ago but l found it very drying to my face and expensive.
At about the same time, l started to use Leichner Kamera Klear tinted foundation. It comes in a pot!
It was used as stage make up in those days. l found it hard to find and it was really expensive.

These days, l can only find it at an indoor market in my area or online and it only costs about £3! It’s ever so good and you only need a tiny bit!

I buy, A Blend Of Coffee and A Blend Of Caramel.
I put Astral or Olay 7 Effects moisturiser underneath, let it absorb a bit, then l put a tiny bit of the coffee on and a tiny bit of caramel on the top.
You’d think it would be like a mask but it isn’t.

PS. I have just read, Drag Queens use it a lot! Ha!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:30 AM

I only ever use tinted moisturiser as foundation has always been too heavy for my skin. The one I like at the moment is garnier BB. I think it's the dark one I use. My skin is so pale I like something to give me a healthy glow. But because it's just a tinted moisturiser you only need a tiny bit and it doesn't look heavy. I used to always use the ivory or pale ivory shades of foundation when young. Then I realised that it was a bit of a con and just used the most translucent powder (cornsilk was a favourite for years). But the tinted moisturiser gives a boost without the heavy paint feeling. I like bourjois powder and blusher, maybeleine lippy. No mascara, just some defining shadow. When I look at young women these days they don't look as though they have used any make up at all. Makes you wonder whether they have spent a fortune or nothing!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:33 AM

I use the BB stuff too Annie
It has a sun factor too ( I think)

I used to love Clarins double serum but it costs £58 a bottle .
I help myself to a dollop from the tester if I see one .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:16 AM

I only use foundation when going out, Revlon Colourstay from Boots.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 03:20 PM

I haven’t used foundation for yonks!

Just moisturiser for me these days to give a more natural look.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:55 PM

I was devastated to discover Leichner foundation that l use, has been discontinued. I have used it since I was 19!
I wouldn’t have found that out, only for this thread. I had looked online about Leichner last night and there was the news it has been discontinued.
Today, l went to the market where l usually buy it and she only had one shade available. It was almost double in price but l paid it as l was desperate!

I can’t use Garnier or Clarins as l was allergic to them. That’s why l stuck with Leichner that suited me.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 09:02 PM

I use Estee Lauder Double wear foundation when I am going out as it lasts all day /evening ,very good but a tad expensive .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top