Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:00 AM

Re: Shed Time

More like a shed village DM, when we sell this place, there will be two sets of negotiations, one on the house, and one on the outbuildings.
When you buy a shed, the roof panels are pre-felted onto OSB panels, this shed is 10 x 10 feet so, has a large heavy surface area, when I do the new roof next week, the OSB will be tapered at the apex, so, fits together properly, then, inside the apex, OSB triangles will be screwed into place to rigidly brace the two sides, then the felt will be applied.

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:02 AM

Spitty, don’t buy the cheap shed felt, use the heavy duty type, you can tell the difference as you can’t tear it, it’s more expensive but worth it, wickets sell it,

Nice shed btw
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:07 AM

Hi Primus1, the felt on there at the moment came from Wickes if I remember right, I still have half a roll from last time it was done, it narked me to have to re-felt the bowing roof about two years ago, but, there was some expensive Model Aircraft in there that needed protecting.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-05-2020, 09:50 AM

Before the glass goes back in I am going to brush out all the internal crevices These walls were clad in MDF as was the bench top, but, I have stripped the lot out as this material is not very durable over a period of years, not sure what material to use on the bench top, but, whatever it turns out to be, it will remain portable for cleaning etc.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:33 AM

I am glad my shed and garage are made of Colorbond steel unfortunately my house is weatherboard similar to your shed .

However I fear the roof of the shed will be rusting through any day now but as they are both about 40 years old that is not too bad. The house is probably about 90 years old but I have to paint the outside every 10 years (hate it)

Why don't you get rid of all that junk off the roof and use galvanised iron or colorbond?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-05-2020, 11:53 AM

Bruce, suppose I could have changed the material on the roof, didn't really occur to me, the thought of a hybrid shed. I have a Steel Shed being delivered this week, I need to see what happens in terms of condensation and the like before I put expensive stuff in there.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-05-2020, 05:45 PM

Glass in, that's me done for the day.

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bruce, suppose I could have changed the material on the roof, didn't really occur to me, the thought of a hybrid shed. I have a Steel Shed being delivered this week, I need to see what happens in terms of condensation and the like before I put expensive stuff in there.
You beat me to it answering Brucy Spitty!
Steel or corrugated roofs do create a lot of condensation, especially
in a cold climate when heating is required to make the shed
bearable to be in??
You certainly keep yourself busy mate, you might think of letting
the sheds out to migrants as a sort of cash cow?

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 08:18 PM

It looks very smart now Spitty
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:45 AM

That's a nice looking shed!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top