Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 06:52 PM

The kitchen saga begins

Our kitchen should have been installed before Easter, but obviously with the covid this had to be put off, the electrician came Monday to install the new cooker circuits, whilst he had the boards up in the hall, he noticed water under the floor, turns out our toilet had been leaking, possibly for three years when the bathroom was done, fortunately he knew a plumber who, as it turns out, lives locally, he came out yesterday and sized up what was required, he came back today and fitt3d a new flexible waste pipe, job done, unfortunately part of the bathroom wall ( plasterboard) was rotten , fortunately the plasterer comes on Saturday so all should be good, although atm, there’s no cupboards and a large hole through the wall into the bathroom, handy for passing toilet rolls through
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 07:04 PM

Re: The kitchen saga begins

I hope that you and your tradespersons are taking precautions:

Coronavirus: should I let an tradesperson or engineer into my home?

We explain what you need to consider, from health and safety measures to the terms of your contract
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05...-into-my-home/

Better safe than sorry .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 08:04 PM

Take photos while you get the chance, a great way of remembering what went on. I did that with the bathroom renovation
Also a gret reference if needed in the future.

Also our en suite pipe layout while it was being updated

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I hope that you and your tradespersons are taking precautions:

Coronavirus: should I let an tradesperson or engineer into my home?

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05...-into-my-home/

Better safe than sorry .....
Following social distancing where possible, my son stays in his room, I’m at work and Mrs p has as little contact as possible

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top